Kotaku sources: a new Mafia game is in development at Hangar 13, expected to be a prequel to the trilogy, running on UE5

Brian

I love all the Mafia games. I don’t even even care if they fix the gameplay variety flaws of the whole series and it’s mostly pointless beyond atmosphere cities. Just give me that sweet sweet atmosphere, good tech, a great story, and at least functional gameplay and we are rollin. 

• True 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Were plots of the other 3 games connected? I honestly don’t remember and thought they were all stand alone.

Very slightly, but nothing major. If a the prequel is only as connected as those games then I won't mind. 

19 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Were plots of the other 3 games connected? I honestly don’t remember and thought they were all stand alone.

There are reoccuring characters in all three games and they take place innthe same universe, but they are independent of each other. There's DLC for the third game I still need to play.

• Like 1
  • True 1

5 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

They unfortunately changed a bit too much with the story and the voice acting is terrible, it's the one game I can't seam to want to play. I much prefer playing the original from 2002, yeah it's dated as all hell but the atmosphere and story are amazing still. 2 was amazing, 3 gets a lot of hate but I love it and lincoln is a great character to play, the dlc in the DE is pretty awesome too.

I never played the original but I thought the story was still very good and didn’t notice much of an issue with the voice acting, didn’t stand out I guess but it was more than fine. But even if you don’t like those changes, you can just dive into the free roam mode as soon as you start the game and it’s worth it for the price it goes on sale for to just drive around the gorgeous city and soak it in.

• 2 weeks later...