NEW Episodes of Iron Chef Coming to Netflix on June 15

I'm interested to see what Netflix does with this.  Their take on several reality-based shows has been interesting, at times.

And my wife and I have become total junkies for a lot of the competitive cooking shows on cable: Guy's GGG, Chopped, Food Network TOC, etc.  This should be fun.

57 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

We need these guys:

Iron_Chef.JPG

Chen Kenichi was amazing to watch.

I hope they get real ("real") chefs and not tv star chefs for the iron chefs. Sorry but food battling mario battali or bobby flay was just not interesting like Sakai, Kenichi, and Michiba.

• True 1

I hope they keep it simple and stick to the original formula. It got needlessly complicated when they started introducing stuff like "you have to introduce your first dish in the first 15 minutes" and "now for some reason in the last 5 minutes you have to use this ice cream machine."

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Dacascos is holding up well. It was always weird seeing him in an action film then watching him on Iron Chef, but I enjoyed it. 

My SO saw Alton Brown doing his, I guess, stand-up show in March. So she's very excited for this. 

• 1 month later...

i watched this and it was really good. 

the last episode is the best challenger chef vs all 5 iron chefs. that’s kinda neat but having to have all those chefs who only have to focus on one dish is pretty rough for the challenger. i thought it was gonna be 6 people all competing against each other. 

spoiler for last episode 

Spoiler

Chef Choi is pretty amazing and i thought the set up is kinda too stacked against the challenger. I thought she deserved the win based off of how close she was to these michelin star ass chefs only having to do one dish. 

• Halal 1

On 6/19/2022 at 6:36 PM, cusideabelincoln said:

I definitely appreciate the lack of commercial break intro and outros.

It definitely makes the editing feel a bit more cohesive.

A nit I have to pick - did they have to do the CGI crowd? Makes it feel like I'm watching a PS2 sports game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...