CW cancels Legends of Tomorrow

Jason

A lot of people are upset about Caity Lotz' character not being able to finish her arc on the show. Considering she's been in the CW-Verse since Arrow S1, I get that some are miffed for sure. What's really astonishing is that Flash is still going isn't it, or is it on its final season as well? If so, guess CW is moving on from all things Berlanti-verse huh?

By the time a show gets to season 6 or 7, they really should have an emergency exit strategy planned. You know what, even 3 or 4 seasons. It pisses me off when a show goes on for multiple seasons and just ends, with 0 sense of resolution. Granted, I haven't followed this show since like season 2 or 3, but I'm pissed off about Hannibal for doing this and I feel for the fans of this show.

Edit: I guess Hannibal did end with some sense of resolution, but I did not like it.

19 hours ago, Derek said:

By the time a show gets to season 6 or 7, they really should have an emergency exit strategy planned. You know what, even 3 or 4 seasons. It pisses me off when a show goes on for multiple seasons and just ends, with 0 sense of resolution. Granted, I haven't followed this show since like season 2 or 3, but I'm pissed off about Hannibal for doing this and I feel for the fans of this show.

Edit: I guess Hannibal did end with some sense of resolution, but I did not like it.

CW historically has not really been trigger happy on canceling shows because their threshold for what constitutes a profitable show has been extremely low, which is probably how Legends was able to get away with going all in on being an extremely weird show in the first place. But between AT&T selling off WB and the CW TV network getting sold there's a lot of new sources of upheaval there. 

• True 1

On 4/30/2022 at 7:13 AM, SoberChef said:

A lot of people are upset about Caity Lotz' character not being able to finish her arc on the show. Considering she's been in the CW-Verse since Arrow S1, I get that some are miffed for sure. What's really astonishing is that Flash is still going isn't it, or is it on its final season as well? If so, guess CW is moving on from all things Berlanti-verse huh?

Arrow S2*

I'm working through LoT now; just finished watching all six seasons of Supergirl on Netflix.  I'm enjoying Legends so far, so I'm expecting to feel a pang of disappointment when I finally catch up.

Legends was a fun series as long as you didn't try to take it seriously. I kind of liked the episodes where they get all involved in ridiculous events of the past that played on the laughs. When they started to go into the episodes about the characters themselves, I'll admit that those weren't my favorites. But I'd still watch them nonetheless.

Just watched the Season 3 finale last night.  That was absolutely brilliant.  Completely bonkers, but I can't help but feel like the cast knew exactly how ridiculous it was, and absolutely loved it.  What a joy.

And I'm a lowkey amazed by the fact that

Spoiler

Damian Darke managed to complete his face turn with a legit believable sacrificial act to save his daughter.  But omg, the first attempt to summon the being "are we making a baby?....I was just trying to put that Slop out of its misery", the look of bemused horror on Jax' face when he sees what they are summoning later, to Nate's infatusession with Voltron, to everything with Beebo...

JFC, what a delight.

:rose:

Legends of To-Meow-Meow is high on the list of all time episode names.

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

I get the feeling it's like Enterprise or WCW. It's not even about ratings at this point. The network runner just wants to be out of the Arrowverse business.

• 8 months later...