What's grinding your gears today?

Fizzzzle

15 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

... cockroaches. There's a hole somewhere somewhere in my apartment. I found a mouse last week, too, and I hadn't even opened a door that day. Any hole a mouse can get through, so can roaches. It must be behind one of my appliances.

It's war, bitches.

Honestly roaches aren't that bad, they're just big enough that when you see one skuttle somewhere out of the corner of your eye your body can't help but jump a little bit, and it's annoying.

14 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

2 or 3 times a year mice come into our house and I always find them in the kitchen. Somewhere behind the cupboards and beside the oven they find their way in and out. Our oven has a storage tray that pulls out the bottom. I pull that out completely, set the trap way underneath the oven and I get them everytime. 

I've had both before, well rats actually. And I posed this question to someone before, would you rather have rats or roaches and I think roaches are preferable.

Rats you can hear scuttling around, I had some in the kitchen and you could hear them clanging under the stove and heck you'd see them get up onto the kitchen counter. Later I found some drawer they had been in and chewed up a bunch of stuff and shat in it and pissed it was gross. I think they found a closet and did the same thing to a sleeping bag I had.

Roaches just kind of run away. They are gross but if you have your bug spray handy you can get em and they die pretty quickly. Killing a rat takes a bigger mental toll because you hear the trap and them losing their life. The electric traps are pretty legit but also, disposing of a dead rat is a lot grosser as well.

In any case rats grind my gears I suppose, today and all days.

• Halal 1