What's grinding your gears today?

Fizzzzle

Helping friends with a big remodel project after they had a pipe burst in their ceiling. We needed one more gallon of paint to finish up, the friend goes to the store to grab the paint on the way home from work, gives the Sherwin Williams paint name (“nebulous white”).

The paint isn’t the same color as what we had already done.

Turns out that the first color was actually Nebulous White in the HGTV Sherwin Williams collection and the second color was Nebulous White in the Sherwin Williams collection.

Who let’s such a thing happen?

My promotion at work was approved on Feb 1st and suppose go into effect Apr 1st. That shit gets bumped back to May 1st for some bullshit reason. My boss retires and now per HR it has to be approved by my new boss which means it is in limbo. 

Hbo Gemstoneshbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

• Guillotine 2
  • Sad 1
  • Halal 1

14 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

My promotion at work was approved on Feb 1st and suppose go into effect Apr 1st. That shit gets bumped back to May 1st for some bullshit reason. My boss retires and now per HR it has to be approved by my new boss which means it is in limbo. 

Hbo Gemstoneshbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

What in the fuck?? That is infuriating man. 

My VP made a big deal about an upcoming announcement. Saying everyone in the company would get warm and fuzzy feelings. 

after several delays in the announcement roll out, about 48 house since the hype started, we finally get an email. 

it’s a new organizational chart, where nothing changes, except some VPs got new titles. :|

Do rich people think that we all just like seeing them do better? Until this he seemed pretty down to earth. 

it’s funny. But also grinds my gears. 

Coworker of mine got fired for fucking off and not doing her job. The part that bugs me is that everything she was doing (and not doing), another person I worked with for a year has done all that and much more, for longer, and still has his job. He’s just one of these guys that can talk his way out of anything. It drove me insane when I worked with him. He would work for maybe two hours a day, and that little “work” he did was faked. I gave our supervisors proof multiple times, but nothing happened because he spent all his time becoming friends with everybody. 

16 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Coworker of mine got fired for fucking off and not doing her job. The part that bugs me is that everything she was doing (and not doing), another person I worked with for a year has done all that and much more, for longer, and still has his job. He’s just one of these guys that can talk his way out of anything. It drove me insane when I worked with him. He would work for maybe two hours a day, and that little “work” he did was faked. I gave our supervisors proof multiple times, but nothing happened because he spent all his time becoming friends with everybody. 

I’ve met people like that - I take solace on the fact they rarely progress to anything meaningful because eventually, you get caught out.

... cockroaches. There's a hole somewhere somewhere in my apartment. I found a mouse last week, too, and I hadn't even opened a door that day. Any hole a mouse can get through, so can roaches. It must be behind one of my appliances.

It's war, bitches.

Honestly roaches aren't that bad, they're just big enough that when you see one skuttle somewhere out of the corner of your eye your body can't help but jump a little bit, and it's annoying.

19 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

... cockroaches. There's a hole somewhere somewhere in my apartment. I found a mouse last week, too, and I hadn't even opened a door that day. Any hole a mouse can get through, so can roaches. It must be behind one of my appliances.

It's war, bitches.

Honestly roaches aren't that bad, they're just big enough that when you see one skuttle somewhere out of the corner of your eye your body can't help but jump a little bit, and it's annoying.

Roaches and rodents? Jesus dude sounds horrible. 

• True 1

43 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

It's war, bitches.

2 or 3 times a year mice come into our house and I always find them in the kitchen. Somewhere behind the cupboards and beside the oven they find their way in and out. Our oven has a storage tray that pulls out the bottom. I pull that out completely, set the trap way underneath the oven and I get them everytime. 

Oof... Today, it's people that walk up to a bar at a club and don't know what they want to drink. I can only understand about 30% of the words you're saying and kind of have to assume the rest. The more verbose your drink order, the more likely I am to fuck it up.

But that's not what grinds my gears. What grinds my gears is when someone says "I want a drink, but I don't know what... Something with vodka, and i want it sweet but not TOO sweet."

"Sweet but not too sweet" means nothing. I will make whatever because of your stupid suggestion, and you will pay for it