Halo: MCC, Quantum Break, On Rush, Shadow Warrior, Snake Pass, and More Coming Game Pass in September

Brian

1 minute ago, mikechorney said:

Halo: MCC and Quantum Break weren't already in it?  :rofl:

MCC was left out because of the steaming pile of garbage it ran like. It was actually a good move by MS to leave it out.

Now that it has a patch it runs a little less like garbage, but supposedly more patches coming soon.

1 minute ago, Nokt said:

MCC was left out because of the steaming pile of garbage it ran like. It was actually a good move by MS to leave it out.

Now that it has a patch it runs a little less like garbage, but supposedly more patches coming soon.

So it was OK to sell for $60 a couple of years ago, but not good enough to give a way for free in their subscription service?

1 minute ago, mikechorney said:

So it was OK to sell for $60 a couple of years ago, but not good enough to give a way for free in their subscription service?

I never said it was okay to sell that game for $60 bucks in the first place.

It never should have been released in the state it was, 343i claimed they didn't see the massive amount of problems that it shipped with in their internal testing. MCC is the reason they announced that every future halo title would have a public beta before hand.

Two of the last games on the system I wanted to play but weren’t already on the service. I knew that Halo was coming since they mentioned it at E3, but I’ll also happily download Quantum Break.

Oh, and Onrush. I heard that game was fun, but more or less DOA. I’m sure being added to Game Pass will give it a player base. Sweet.

32 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Two of the last games on the system I wanted to play but weren’t already on the service. I knew that Halo was coming since they mentioned it at E3, but I’ll also happily download Quantum Break.

Oh, and Onrush. I heard that game was fun, but more or less DOA. I’m sure being added to Game Pass will give it a player base. Sweet.

This is great for Onrush. It's a fun car combat game with objectives. Definitely recommend giving it a go and because of game pass there's no reason not to.

I had heard that Onrush completely failed to sell at all (heard something in the order of 1,000 UK physical sales in the first week).  Putting it in GamePass was clearly an attempt to recoup some revenue.

19 minutes ago, The def star said:

This is great for Onrush. It's a fun car combat game with objectives. Definitely recommend giving it a go and because of game pass there's no reason not to.

It does require that you purchase Game Pass.

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How are you guys liking game pass? Think I may finally have to bite the bullet and subscribe to it. How much is it a month?

$10/month

If I'm not mistaken, isn't this MCC release on Game Pass like a soft re-launch for the title? The last I heard of it, they were basically gutting the entire thing and re-building it using a single unifying emulator, since the vast majority of the problems the game had were a result of each of the games running on its own engine and being tied together by a "game" that was basically just a launcher, and that's why everything was shit and game progress was getting lost and nothing in the MCC really fit together.

Or I could just be imaging the whole thing and we're all just human batteries in the matrix.

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

If I'm not mistaken, isn't this MCC release on Game Pass like a soft re-launch for the title? The last I heard of it, they were basically gutting the entire thing and re-building it using a single unifying emulator, since the vast majority of the problems the game had were a result of each of the games running on its own engine and being tied together by a "game" that was basically just a launcher, and that's why everything was shit and game progress was getting lost and nothing in the MCC really fit together.

Or I could just be imaging the whole thing and we're all just human batteries in the matrix.

You are correct. The big patch came out two days ago I think. It had a UI overhaul and a lot of enhancements, but the game is still far from perfect. The insider (testing for the patch) mostly focused on Halo 3, the changes made to Halo 2 and CE didn't really fix anything and even brought up more issues. They are supposedly bringing another patch out in the near future focusing on CE.

Though this is all online gameplay, if campaign is your thing you should be good to go.

It's definitely worth it. Come Sept it will have MCC, Quantum Break and currently Doom, Halo 5, Fallout 4, Sea of Thieves, Gears of War, Vermintide 2, Rocket League, Mega Man collection 1 & 2, The Division, Elder Scrolls Online, Rage, Hitman, Laser League and many more. Best deal in gaming hands down.

19 hours ago, The def star said:

It's definitely worth it. Come Sept it will have MCC, Quantum Break and currently Doom, Halo 5, Fallout 4, Sea of Thieves, Gears of War, Vermintide 2, Rocket League, Mega Man collection 1 & 2, The Division, Elder Scrolls Online, Rage, Hitman, Laser League and many more. Best deal in gaming hands down.

Vermintide 2 is worth the $10 alone.

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

How many more 74GB patches until it is not a steaming pile of garbage?

If you like Halo 3 multiplayer works the best its ever worked. If you like Halo 2/CE it'll probably never be fixed (though the said in the next update they are focusing on CE).

Campaign works great and you don't have to install every game (which drives the 74GB down). The UI is at the very least snappy and not riddled with bugs anymore.

43 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

If that’s the case, that’s fine.

But I don’t see why that would be true. 

They already released MCC twice and it's still has plenty of bugs and needs tweaking. I doubt 343 has the resources to keep up with updating the console version and start working on porting Halo 2 CE, Halo 3 and Halo 4 to PC while still working on Halo Infinite. As is MCC has taken way too much of 343's time and I'm surprised they gave it this much attention and reworked the whole package with out charging anything. I would love this to be on PC with cross play (SP obviously MP is a different hurdle) but I would have thought it would have been done with MCC Re-release or some sort of announcement that it was coming up on the horizon.

5 hours ago, The def star said:

They already released MCC twice and it's still has plenty of bugs and needs tweaking. I doubt 343 has the resources to keep up with updating the console version and start working on porting Halo 2 CE, Halo 3 and Halo 4 to PC while still working on Halo Infinite. As is MCC has taken way too much of 343's time and I'm surprised they gave it this much attention and reworked the whole package with out charging anything. I would love this to be on PC with cross play (SP obviously MP is a different hurdle) but I would have thought it would have been done with MCC Re-release or some sort of announcement that it was coming up on the horizon.

They have a dedicated team working on MCC that is separate from Infinite.

However it took them what almost a year to push out this update that makes one of the 4 games work better? I don't see PC in the pipeline anytime soon either. They've teased other cool things like a custom game browser (similar to Halo 5) which would be nice since MM probably has a low population.