Battlefield V release date pushed back to Nov. 20

Pikachu

Just now, Hurricane Game said:

What's the real reason?

Bad PR of late so they can let that die down. EA has been challenged on their accuracy of representing WW2 and called fans who questioned the, essentially stupid. They really did. Also to give it space from Black Ops 4 as the original date was going to put it a week after CoD I believe. 

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So they could get their preorder numbers up of course!

With the crammed holiday schedule, as usual, I don't think EA can do anything to heavily improve the preorder numbers unless they drop the initial price of the game. Did they put out the sweet spot number they look for? Probably not but it's the crammed holiday season. 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Crammed with what?

October has Red Dead, Soul Calibur VI and Blops

Then nothing really that is going to blow anyone's skirt up in November and December. :p

I dunno.. there aren't many AAA blockbuster titles in November and December, but there are still a lot of games coming out that do have fans. Smash Bros. Ultimate might sell a few copies, then you have Just Cause 4, Fallout 76, Hitman 2... then you have the residuals from things like Forza Horizon 4, Spiderman, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Dragon Quest XI, etc. that will have people picking up games at a later date. If they can only buy one game at a time, and that game is CoD or RDR2, then they'll be grabbing the rest later on.

That looks like a pretty damn crammed holiday to me, and that's not even counting the wildcards like Biomutant, Crackdown 3, Darksiders 3, etc that people don't really have high expectations for but could be awesome.

Then you have niche titles like the re-release of Tales of Vesperia which isn't a big deal to most but for me personally just adds to the pile.

Personally, I'd rather pick up any number of those games before I pick up Battlefield V. EA needs to prove that they're not going to turn their servers into a shit-show like they did with Battlefield 1. I can't even hop on and do a quick match because I'll repeatedly get booted out because I'm "missing downloadable content." I tried about five times the other day, and it kept sending me to the season pass purchase screen, instead of matchmaking me into a server that had the expansion i was actually trying to get into (which I own). I then I just closed the game and I'll probably never go back.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Crammed with what?

October has Red Dead, Soul Calibur VI and Blops

Then nothing really that is going to blow anyone's skirt up in November and December. :p

There are plenty of games coming that will be unfortunate victims in the holiday cramming as always. Nothingood may float your boat but we all know that's when many games drop. Others have posted what some of those games are. Just enough to disrupt some publishers outrageous projections for sales.

3 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

There are plenty of games coming that will be unfortunate victims in the holiday cramming as always. Nothingood may float your boat but we all know that's when many games drop. Others have posted what some of those games are. Just enough to disrupt some publishers outrageous projections for sales. 

I'm aware of the games coming out but BFV should be able to compete with them.

• Like 1

The two significant games that are coming out around BF5's original due date are Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2. Those two games aren't really similar to Battlefield. If people were looking for the Battlefield experience they won't EVER consider a cowboy RPG and a twitch arcade shooter as a replacement. People usually buy multiple games. I thnk it's rare most people would have only bought one game. So I think the sole reason BF5 got pushed back was because of the controversy over telling their costumers they too stupid to buy the game and that EA knew more about WW2 history then anyone else. 

• Guillotine 1

29 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The two significant games that are coming out around BF5's original due date are Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2. Those two games aren't really similar to Battlefield. If people were looking for the Battlefield experience they won't EVER consider a cowboy RPG and a twitch arcade shooter as a replacement. People usually buy multiple games. I thnk it's rare most people would have only bought one game. So I think the sole reason BF5 got pushed back was because of the controversy over telling their costumers they too stupid to buy the game and that EA knew more about WW2 history then anyone else. 

I don’t buy that. One extra month isnt going to suddenly make people forget or forgive them. Anyone that was truly offended by that (lol) and sticks to their guns, isn’t going to buy the game regardless. 

This has everything to do with being crammed between two juggernauts that would absolutely outsell BF by large margins. By the end of nov, lots of people will be done with RDR2 and COD and looking for something new to play.