Alec Baldwin To Play Thomas Wayne In The Joker Standalone Movie

Wait, no he isn't.

As we’ve noted, the cinematic lifetime of various interpretations of Batman’s dad in live-action have been short. But even before that, Alec Baldwin’s time as Thomas Wayne has suddenly become even shorter—he’s just confirmed he’s quit Joker, mere days after being reported as signing on for the film.

Speaking to USA Today, the actor offered a terse statement confirming he was leaving the film altogether, citing scheduling issues.

"I’m no longer doing that movie. I’m sure there are 25 guys who can play that part."

Damn that was fast. :lol:

40 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He seems a bit low key to be the joker. I don't think I've seen him showcase any emotion other than calm before.

In any case he  got his superhero movie when he made The Shadow. :p

He wasn't going to play the Joker... he was going to play Thomas Wayne, father of Bruce Wayne. And as far as his emotional range... I guess you never heard the infamous phone call he had with his daughter back in the day...

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He wasn't going to play the Joker... he was going to play Thomas Wayne, father of Bruce Wayne. And as far as his emotional range... I guess you never heard the infamous phone call he had with his daughter back in the day...

he's definitely emotionally unstable enough to play the joker 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I've heard that but it wasn't a movie.

Comparing the two comic boock "giants" DC is the better of the two but they are both failing by charging too much for weak stories and poor art on expensive glossy paper. They creatives are also paid a pittance for their work. I feel bad for up and comic artists and writers who dreamed of working for Marvel/DC and now barely scrape by after landing jobs with them. I'd much rather read books from Indies like Alterna Comics who brought back newsprint paper which lowered their books down to around $1.50 an issue.