What's The Longest You've Left a Pet Unattended by a Human Being?

Keyser_Soze

What's The Longest You've Left a Pet Unattended by a Human Being?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What's The Longest You've Left a Pet Unattended by a Human Being?

• Less than 5 Hours
    • 8 Hours
    • 12 Hours
    • 24 Hours
    • Between 24 Hours and 48 Hours
    • Between 2 and 3 Days
    • 3 Days or Longer

17 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

pet guardians

I am not sure I would consider myself a guardian. The cats more of a mix of the worlds worst room mate and a possibly a black priest of some long forgotten pagan deity.

Its 3am on Tuesday and she sounds like shes dragging a body across the house while yelling out in some ancient tongue that few understand. 

We've left or dog unattended for half a day. That's about the most I feel comfortable going if I leave her to run around the garage with something to pee on and plenty of water. Any longer than that and I'll need to recruit someone to walk and feed her.

A few years back, me and the family had to leave town for 2-3 days to attend my brothers wedding. Thankfully a good buddy of mine said he’d look after them for us and basically air b&b my room/house for him. Actually brought him closer to his work/childhood home where his mom and brother still live. 

Had to leave my dog alone for 12 hours shifts a few times. Laid out a towel in case she needed to pee, along with her bed and food and water in the bathroom. She refused to pee the entire time until I got home.

Only had to do that a few times when my husband wasn't home that night. Otherwise she's never alone that long.

3 hours ago, Rachel said:

Technically he will maybe live. It’s still a physical risk. There could be an emergency or something happens and you’re not there. Psychologically it’s not okay either. 

You could leave a kid home alone for days too with food and water and they’ll probably live. It’s still neglect. Or you can drive with your seatbelt off and be “fine” but it’s still a dumb thing to do and a risk you’re taking. 

Says the person who left her cat for years 

• Haha 2

My dog goes to daycare 5 days per week while I'm at work, running around playing with dozens of other dogs on around 5 acres, with I believe about three to five humans around to supervise. 

When I first got him and I was getting daycare set up, he was home alone for about 12 hours a few times, but he was good and to this day has still never peed in the house even once. 

He did shred a down comforter once though. That was about a year ago and I'm still finding feathers. :lol:  

19 hours ago, Rachel said:

Technically he will maybe live. It’s still a physical risk. There could be an emergency or something happens and you’re not there. Psychologically it’s not okay either. 

You could leave a kid home alone for days too with food and water and they’ll probably live. It’s still neglect. Or you can drive with your seatbelt off and be “fine” but it’s still a dumb thing to do and a risk you’re taking. 

You abandoned your cat for years. Even though she was "taken care" of you were her owner and parent. That is extremely damaging to the cat psychologically and way worse then leaving a cat alone for a few days. Just leave it alone and worry about your life.

My parents live next to us and take care of the pets if we are gone, so maybe 8-12 hours? But our pets are outside pets anyway, so they are used to roaming around our now 4 acre property all day, so pretty often they are just doing there own thing until it’s time to eat 

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My parents live next to us and take care of the pets if we are gone, so maybe 8-12 hours? But our pets are outside pets anyway, so they are used to roaming around our now 4 acre property all day, so pretty often they are just doing there own thing until it’s time to eat 

Exactly what I would expect from a transphobic. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Sadly my cats get left alone for 4 or 5 days every thanksgiving since I moved to Arizona and go back to visit family. I give them extra food water treats and litter pan and they’ve been ok. Other than that I work from home and they have me around all day.