Kimera Kolors New Kickstarter on 20 Apr 2022

Kal-El814

I know we have a couple painters here. Kimera is starting another kickstarter on 20 Apr for some minis.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kimeramodels/tenebrae-fate-of-asteria?mc_cid=1b68dac722&mc_eid=adf8a760f2

Also included will be a new expansion set of paints, as well as access to previous paint sets of theirs. Their paints can be notoriously difficult to find, so I figured I’d call it out.

If you don’t know about them, their colors are all single pigment paints with high pigment density. This makes them much more consistently mixable than other lines where the paints often have multiple pigments involved to achieve the final color in the bottle / pot. It also makes them a bit more finicky than the other paints I’ve been using most often recently (Pro Acryl) but some of their colors are really lovely. It seems a weird thing to say, but the Caucasian skin color from their Danilo Carracci expansion is probably the best pale skin mid tone I’ve ever used.

Anyway, if you’re interested… now you know.