Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

1 minute ago, TwinIon said:

My guess is that it's the fiduciary responsibilities more than the ownership cap that scared Elon off. I don't think he really wants to own Twitter, but he certainly doesn't want to have even more limits on what he can say about the company.

Not that there's any reason to think he'd give a damn about this but there's still an ownership threshold at around 15% where insider trading rules would apply to him regarding Twitter. I guess the fiduciary stuff maybe has more teeth to it though? 

Another possible reason for not joining the board: an eventual hostile takeover.

107014129-1644582941818-gettyimages-1238
WWW.CNBC.COM

Analysts now wonder if Musk will pursue a hostile takeover of Twitter, without the constraints he would have had on the size of his stake in the company.

• True 2

22 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Another possible reason for not joining the board: an eventual hostile takeover.

WWW.CNBC.COM

Analysts now wonder if Musk will pursue a hostile takeover of Twitter, without the constraints he would have had on the size of his stake in the company.

Whoever is taking pictures of him needs to stop it with the ominous genius in deep thought bullshit lmao.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Oh no, were they going to discover that all his money came from his parents’ diamond mine and not him not creating Tesla from the ground up but rather just buying a controlling stake in it like most idiots believe? 

His parents were billionaires? 

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Oh no, were they going to discover that all his money came from his parents’ diamond mine and not him not creating Tesla from the ground up but rather just buying a controlling stake in it like most idiots believe? 

The seed money for his first company was not a substantial sum, like $30k. Guy made a lot of good bets over the years by selling his stakes in one company and putting them into the next thing.

Started Zip, later sold Zip and used those funds to do what eventually became PayPal, sold his stake in PayPal and those funds became Tesla and SpaceX.

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I've worked with some people who worked at some of Musk's companies.

He is a complete asshole.

Fixed it for ya, bud.

My neighbor's ex-husband works for one of Musk's companies. I think Spacex, actually. 

He has said that sometimes there are random emails that Elon sends that require everyone to drop everything and do what he says, regardless of time of day or other workload. And it's expected. Neighbor's ex-husband just shrugs and says "It is what it is. Just comes with the territory. I get stock options, so it's fine."

I would not be fine.

On 4/11/2022 at 1:34 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WWW.CNBC.COM

GLKFLEAN6FPPZASXT2IE6QAC4A.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Billionaire Elon Musk has offered to buy Twitter for about $41 billion, just days after rejecting a seat on the social media company's board.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Attention Whore offers to acquire 100% of relevant social media platform for $41.4 billion