Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I wonder if there is any data on active users vs people who just have accounts. I have a twitter account but almost never use it. I'm definitely not an active user but I wonder if my account and accounts like mine counts towards any valuations the company has done.

Internally they know as they've sliced and diced their user analytics. They sent me emails all the time about my idle account that now was a great time to come back and use the app (well not anymore since I closed the account recently).

DWRYVKP35JKTFJOMAVVEH3QDHA.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Musk is entitled to ask for information on its operations following the signing of the deal, but this is meant to help him prepare for his ownership of Twitter, not to carry out due diligence and reopen negotiations.

Musk, the world's richest person, decided to waive due diligence when he agreed to buy Twitter on April 25, in an effort to get the San Francisco-based company to accept his "best and final offer."

Get your sicko.gifs ready for the prospect that Twitter sues Musk for backing out of the deal.

• Sicko 3

16 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I think Musk is probably right that Twitter is lying about the bot numbers

Lying might be a bit harsh. As Parag lays out in this thread that was linked above, they do work on the problem, and I believe him, because at the end of the day it is a product issue. The experience is worse if they don't address bots, so they certainly put some effort in. As Parag mentions, it's also a difficult and evolving problem. No one has solved spam on an open platform, so I don't know why anyone would expect Twitter to have done so.

However, the framing of spam as a product and user experience problem doesn't imply they work that hard on getting entirely accurate numbers. They're incentivized to catch the bots that make the experience worse for users, but not very incentivized to find bots that are harmless and just boosting numbers. I doubt they have hidden numbers somewhere indicating the "real" percent of bot accounts, but they probably don't try too hard to figure that out beyond what is required for due diligence.

1 minute ago, TwinIon said:

Lying might be a bit harsh. As Parag lays out in this thread that was linked above, they do work on the problem, and I believe him, because at the end of the day it is a product issue. The experience is worse if they don't address bots, so they certainly put some effort in. As Parag mentions, it's also a difficult and evolving problem. No one has solved spam on an open platform, so I don't know why anyone would expect Twitter to have done so.

However, the framing of spam as a product and user experience problem doesn't imply they work that hard on getting entirely accurate numbers. They're incentivized to catch the bots that make the experience worse for users, but not very incentivized to find bots that are harmless and just boosting numbers. I doubt they have hidden numbers somewhere indicating the "real" percent of bot accounts, but they probably don't try too hard to figure that out beyond what is required for due diligence.

I’d agree with this, and also add that it seems likely that the majority of casual users simply don’t know that bots are a thing / problem at all.

16 minutes ago, Chollowa said:

My Twitter feed is losing their collective shit over this post, but it's pretty clear to me that he's just trying to get out of the purchase of Twitter. Right? 

This in and of itself isn't evidence of him wanting out, but the issue of the "true" value of Twitter vis-a-vis its bot situation is.

And besides, I doubt anyone seriously believes that he's voted for Democrats in years anyway.