September PS+: Destiny 2, God of War III Remastered (Destiny 2 is available now)

SaysWho?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/29/playstation-plus-free-games-for-september-2018/

Destiny 2 (PS4) -- AVAILABLE TODAY
God of War III: Remastered (PS4)
Knowledge is Power (PS Plus Bonus – PlayLink)
Here They Lie (PS Plus Bonus – PS VR required)
Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition (PS3 + PS4/PS Vita)
QUBE Director’s Cut (PS3 + PS4)
Foul Play (PS Vita + PS4)
Sparkle 2 (PS Vita)

First up we have Destiny 2! As a special treat, the game is available on PS Plus today – a week early – so that you can take advantage of the 24 hour free trial of Destiny 2: Forsaken’s new hybrid PVE & PVP mode, Gambit, which starts September 1 at 10 AM PDT*. That’s right, you can get Destiny 2 right now! Rally your friends in Gambit and prepare for Destiny 2: Forsaken**.

1 minute ago, eggydoo said:

you can't even buy Forsaken with this 

This. Let’s say you like the base game and want to continue it with Forsaken. You will HAVE to buy the Y1 expansion pass in order to also buy Forsaken. 

Just something to keep in mind. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Really?! That's...magical? :lol:

Really. This is no different than when Taken King released a few years back. You needed prior expansions for that one as well. 

It makes it seem silly this time around though because this is obviously to get more sales for Forsaken. They should have just included D2 and the Exp Pass with PS+ this month and it would be a great deal. 

Meanwhile, GWG gets...

Prison Architect - September 1-30 (Xbox One)

Livelock - September 16-October 15 (Xbox One)

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - September 1-15 (Xbox One, Xbox 360)

Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World - September 16-30 (Xbox One, Xbox 360)

Sony wins September! :p 

I already have Gof War 3. I picked it up on a sale a while back. Nice get for those that don't have it already. Destiny 2 is interesting since there are so many expansions it makes you wonder how much of the game you will play. I don't think I will play Destiny 2 much. The VR game I will try. Another World I have and is a nice re-release of this classic.

I mean, the base game will get you a 10-20 hour campaign plus 30+ hours of additional stuff should you want to really dig in. There is plenty to do in vanilla D2. So there is value there. Just a bit of a wallet shock as I mentioned should you want to move forward. 

Just now, Anzo said:

I mean, the base game will get you a 10-20 hour campaign plus 30+ hours of additional stuff should you want to really dig in. There is plenty to do in vanilla D2. So there is value there. Just a bit of a wallet shock as I mentioned should you want to move forward. 

And all seasonal events, updates, etc.  It's a crazy good deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

Man, I wish I liked Destiny 2. I got through maybe half of the base game before I completely lost interest. 

I would feel a lot better about that if I just waited a year and got it through PS+ :p

This is me. I have it for Xbox One and I don't think I have even gotten through half. Thinking about renewing plus to get it also for PS4. Was thinking of just getting the Forsaken expansion but didn't know I had to get the previous stuff too. I wish Destiny clicked with me more but there are just better co op games out there that tickle my fancy. 

So that explains why the Sparkle 2 sale ended randomly on the Vita store while everything else remained on sale.  Glad I didn't buy it as I was considering it. 

Forgot all about Qube, always wanted to play that one after seeing a Giant Bomb quick look on it.  Guess I'll be able to now.  

2 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Eh, I’ll give it another shot, but I don’t know what they could do to get me to invest a lot more time/money into it.

I don't own Destiny 2.

However, I can say that my brother was a huge Destiny fan, fell out of love with it after Destiny 2 released, and is now big-time into it. Something changed for him, though I don't know what since I haven't played it.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I don't own Destiny 2.

However, I can say that my brother was a huge Destiny fan, fell out of love with it after Destiny 2 released, and is now big-time into it. Something changed for him, though I don't know what since I haven't played it.

They kept putting back in systems and investments loops from D1 that they inexplicably removed in D2. ?

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Meanwhile, GWG gets...

Prison Architect - September 1-30 (Xbox One)

Livelock - September 16-October 15 (Xbox One)

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - September 1-15 (Xbox One, Xbox 360)

Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World - September 16-30 (Xbox One, Xbox 360)

Sony wins September! :p 

Prison Architect is cool and I'd much rather play it than D2.