Did anyone watch Sharp Objects? How was it?

Wild

I binged The Night Of and thought it was pretty good, though I think Sharp Objects may be more in line with something like Big Little Lies, which was fantastic, since they are both fully directed (every episode) by Jean-Marc Vallee (also directed The Young Victoria, Dallas Buyers Club, and Wild). 

Like you, I plan on binge-ing it, with my wife. Word of mouth is that the show is really, really good. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I binged The Night Of and thought it was pretty good, though I think Sharp Objects may be more in line with something like Big Little Lies, which was fantastic, since they are both fully directed (every episode) by Jean-Marc Vallee (also directed The Young Victoria, Dallas Buyers Club, and Wild). 

Like you, I plan on binge-ing it, with my wife. Word of mouth is that the show is really, really good. 

Night Of is probably the last non-Game of Thrones series I'll watch week to week. It finally broke me of the format for good, as I watched the characters become ever more ridiculous and do ever stupider things. But, unlike a binge watch where I feel like I might have wasted a couple lazy Sundays, that felt like I invested several weeks into something I ended up not liking much at all. Great production values, but the writing wasn't up to par.

3 minutes ago, Wild said:

Night Of is probably the last non-Game of Thrones series I'll watch week to week. It finally broke me of the format for good, as I watched the characters become ever more ridiculous and do ever stupider things. But, unlike a binge watch where I feel like I might have wasted a couple lazy Sundays, that felt like I invested several weeks into something I ended up not liking much at all. Great production values, but the writing wasn't up to par.

I never watch miniseries' week-to-week because their structure has always lended itself to binge watching better. I can see how The Night Of would not have been as good if I hadn't binge watched it. 

I watch plenty of TV (if I'm caught up with a show) week to week, but anthology shows or miniseries specifically, I wait until the full season is out to watch it. I think there is a distinction to be made there. I waited until all of American Crime Story season 1, Big Little Lies season 1, and The Terror season 1 were out before fully watching them and I think that helped enormously with enjoying all of them.

3 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I never watch miniseries' week-to-week because their structure has always lended itself to binge watching better. I can see how The Night Of would not have been as good if I hadn't binge watched it. 

I watch plenty of TV (if I'm caught up with a show) week to week, but anthology shows or miniseries specifically, I wait until the full season is out to watch it. I think there is a distinction to be made there. I waited until all of American Crime Story season 1, Big Little Lies season 1, and The Terror season 1 were out before fully watching them and I think that helped enormously with enjoying all of them.

Yea, I think for me it's all shows now, but almost everything I watch is 10 or so episodes anymore anyway. There are very few 20+ episode network shows I catch anymore. Too much filler in shows like that.

4 minutes ago, Wild said:

Yea, I think for me it's all shows now, but almost everything I watch is 10 or so episodes anymore anyway. There are very few 20+ episode network shows I catch anymore. Too much filler in shows like that.

Yeah I don't watch any 20+ episode network shows anymore, just simply don't have the kind of time to keep up with that, I'm with you there. But I do watch things like Preacher, Better Call Saul, et. al. week to week.