Imbecile-in-Chief privately revived the idea of sacking the Grand KKKeebler Elf earlier this month

I have been doing some thinking on what the long term play here is and I think maybe it's not so much about kneecapping Mueller.

Because waiting until after the midterms makes such a thing pretty pointless.

Unless the Dems tank things and can't even take the House(in which case, Mueller is only one of a dozen Oh Shit priorities to worry about) then what you gain by removing Sessions is not removing Mueller....it's controlling Justice with a sycophant.

That list the GOP has been circulating shows they know what is in store from a Dem House. What I think they are aiming to do is harness the entire Executive Branch to play out a full scale version of Trump's '16 strategy. 

Make everyone dirty, so the dirtiest guy in the room won't look so bad.

They want someone at Justice who will start investigating all of Trump and the GOP's political enemies so they can throw their dirt when the Dem House starts actual oversight on Trump.

Basically, Trump is going to make a genuine power play to enlist Justice and the FBI in helping to destroy his political enemies.

Grahmn and Grassley have already tipped their hand here. They have both given strong approval to the, "The real scandal is the investigation!" claim.

21 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I have been doing some thinking on what the long term play here is and I think maybe it's not so much about kneecapping Mueller.

Because waiting until after the midterms makes such a thing pretty pointless.

Unless the Dems tank things and can't even take the House(in which case, Mueller is only one of a dozen Oh Shit priorities to worry about) then what you gain by removing Sessions is not removing Mueller....it's controlling Justice with a sycophant.

That list the GOP has been circulating shows they know what is in store from a Dem House. What I think they are aiming to do is harness the entire Executive Branch to play out a full scale version of Trump's '16 strategy. 

Make everyone dirty, so the dirtiest guy in the room won't look so bad.

They want someone at Justice who will start investigating all of Trump and the GOP's political enemies so they can throw their dirt when the Dem House starts actual oversight on Trump.

Basically, Trump is going to make a genuine power play to enlist Justice and the FBI in helping to destroy his political enemies.

Grahmn and Grassley have already tipped their hand here. They have both given strong approval to the, "The real scandal is the investigation!" claim.

I'd wager a solid majority of Republicans would be a ok with using Justice/the FBI to arbitrarily investigate Trump's enemies and lock them up. Real "what-they-actually-mean-by-drain-the-swamp" type of stuff