What are you guys feeling about the new Giant Bomb crew now that they’ve kind of settled in?

Paperclyp

8 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

I'm still enjoying the GOTY stuff this year.  Don't think the current crew is bad.  Jan's a great host, and they're still a lot better than an outlet like Kinda Funny IMO.

Not a fan of Jan. 
now I listen to Sacred Symbols/Defining Duke/Gertsman a little bit, and some Iron Lords.

Kinda Funny has become unwatchable, frankly. Super high quality set, super low quality takes. They are basically paid advertising for the games industry. I can’t watch Easy Allies anymore since Ben, Jones, and Kyle left. There aren’t a lot worth listening to. 

I bounce around between Giant Bomb, Easy Allies and Nextlander.  And of course, DF Direct.

Easy Allies is definitely missing something.  I really enjoyed hearing Bosman back as a guest on their latest episode, it injected some life that they were missing.  But they're still alright IMO.

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

I bounce around between Giant Bomb, Easy Allies and Nextlander.  And of course, DF Direct.

Easy Allies is definitely missing something.  I really enjoyed hearing Bosman back as a guest on their latest episode, it injected some life that they were missing.  But they're still alright IMO.

Ben was my last connection to EZA. Huber is too scatterbrained, Damiani is… well.. Damiani. Blood and Isla rarely play anything I care about. Brad is ok, but not a very interesting host. Its sad, because their patreon is failing and it’s doubtful they last long. They said they need a 30k patreon to survive, and are currently at something under 26, and dropping pretty fast. At one point they had 10+k patrons, now they have 5100.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I saw this. The last of the relatively OGs. 

I will browse the GB forum from time to time and was always impressed with the communication he put in there.  I hope someone is lined up to take his place because I think he handled a lot of stuff. I would see him talking about merch designs, payments/shipping/refunds, the latest video players and bugs on the website, etc…

People will probably be in the dark about a lot of stuff going forward.

14 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Literally the worst possible thing they could do haha. 

It really isn't. At some point, it's like Podcast Beyond, it's a pale imitation of what it was, and will always be compared unfavorable to the original with Colin, Greg, Clements, and Roper. Same as Easy Allies at this point, it's all just a reminder that the current iteration is awful in relation to the original. And with EZA, at least it's still OG cast members, but they are still judged daily against their original lineup. As long as it continues to be Giant Bomb, it will suffer the same fate and the audience will shrink as they migrate to the projects of original cast members. Fans have shown they are willing to migrate to new shows with cast members they like, so they should start over and find their own audience. 

Last weeks Bombcast has under 8k views. They can't do much worse.  

9 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

It really isn't. At some point, it's like Podcast Beyond, it's a pale imitation of what it was, and will always be compared unfavorable to the original with Colin, Greg, Clements, and Roper. Same as Easy Allies at this point, it's all just a reminder that the current iteration is awful in relation to the original. And with EZA, at least it's still OG cast members, but they are still judged daily against their original lineup. As long as it continues to be Giant Bomb, it will suffer the same fate and the audience will shrink as they migrate to the projects of original cast members. Fans have shown they are willing to migrate to new shows with cast members they like, so they should start over and find their own audience. 

Last weeks Bombcast has under 8k views. They can't do much worse.  

The audience will shrink regardless because it’s not a quality podcast anymore. Changing the name will expedite the process. 

While I do think people show up for the people they like, Giant Bomb's format is very Giant Bomb. Changing the name of the site doesn't really fall in line with what the website is.

And for some people, it's a podcast only website but there is tons of other content people should be looking at.

38 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

While I do think people show up for the people they like, Giant Bomb's format is very Giant Bomb. Changing the name of the site doesn't really fall in line with what the website is.

And for some people, it's a podcast only website but there is tons of other content people should be looking at.

This is very true as well.