The 2021-22 Mock Gambling Thread - FINAL

Slug

With a lot of ups and downs and a lot of players still in the hunt deep into the post-season, this was our most competitive MGT season ever!  Half of the players held the top spot at some point over the course of the competition. That said, let's do our final results to see where everyone landed when the dust finally settled on the longest season yet!

########## SUPER BOWL ROUND RESULTS ##########

Super Bowl LVI: Feature Game
Los Angeles Rams (-4.5) @ Cincinnati Bengals
The Los Angeles Rams are your Super Bowl LVI champions, but they fail to cover the points, losing in the MGT by a score of 18.5(23-45.)-20.  Bets on the Bengals win.

QUESTIONS

1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Rams TD, Rams FG, Rams safety, Bengals TD, Bengals FG, Bengals safety, or other? ($6,000 for the correct call)
 Matt Stafford hits Odell Beckham on a 17 yard pass for a touchdown in the 1st quarter for the first points in the game.  Calls for a Rams TD win.

2) What will be the final scoring play of the Feature Game? Rams TD, Rams FG, Rams safety, Bengals TD, Bengals FG, Bengals safety, or other? ($6,000 for the correct call)
Stafford throws a quick 1 yarder to Cooper Kupp in the 4th to seal the win and end the scoring for the 2021-22 season.  Bets on a Rams TD get it.

3) Will there be an offensive score on the first drive of the game (not special teams; kickoff return for TD would not count)? ($4,000 for the right answer)
The first drive was a 7 play drive that went absolutely nowhere, resulting in a punt.  No is the call.

4) Name the Super Bowl LVI MVP. ($7,000 for the right player)
Cooper Kupp becomes the 8th wide receiver to get the MVP nod for the Super Bowl. Biggie and Commissar SFLUFAN were the only players to call Kupp's number.

5) What will the combined score be at the end of each quarter?  Give us 4 scores, corresponding in order to the four quarters. You will win the Q5 cash for EACH correct answer. See my example answer below if you are confused. ($10,000 for each correct score)
10, 23, 36, 43.  Commissar SFLUFAN, Keyser_Soze and Pikachu each got one quarter correct. Slug got 2 quarters correct.

######### FINAL LEADERBOARD #########

@Keyser_Soze - $206,800
@thewhyteboar - $171,210
Slug - $56,200
@BasemntDweller2 - $52,400
@Commissar SFLUFAN - $47,606
@Pikachu - $22,599
@Biggie - $19,000
@ManUtdRedDevils - $15,000
@AbsolutSurgen - $11,000
@Kal-El814 - $8,100

#####################################

In the end it was the player who held the crown the most throughout the season who came back in the playoffs and cemented his place in MGT History.  He came on strong mid-season before losing his spot as the playoffs were getting underway, only to grab it back in the post-season and hold on to win it all.  Ladies and Gentleman, your 2021-22 Mock Gambling Thread Champion...

spacer.png

Keyser_Soze!  Congratulations on a well played season!  DM me to coordinate delivery of your prize!

########## CHAMPIONS ##########

2019 - BasemntDweller2
2020 - AbsolutSurgen
2021 - BasemntDweller2
2022 - Keyser_Soze

###############################

########## THE SEASON #########
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7 - BYE
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13
Week 14
Week 15 - BYE
Week 16
Week 17
Week 18
Wild Card Weekend
Divisional Round
Conference Championship
Super Bowl LVI
###############################

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Slug changed the title to The 2021-22 Mock Gambling Thread - FINAL

@Slug Thanks again for doing this. I think you deserve all the praise. This almost didn't happen this season and I know you've had some personal losses too, still sorry for your loss :rose: But I think you did a great job as always.

It was a fun season for myself. I lost it all  the first week and people started talking trash. Then I was getting good and people talked trash about my bets. But I proved the haters wrong and came out on top, even with a late season loss (like you mentioned)

Vivica A Fox Haters GIF by Face The Truth

• Guillotine 1

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Slug Thanks again for doing this. I think you deserve all the praise. This almost didn't happen this season and I know you've had some personal losses too, still sorry for your loss :rose: But I think you did a great job as always.

It was a fun season for myself. I lost it all  the first week and people started talking trash. Then I was getting good and people talked trash about my bets. But I proved the haters wrong and came out on top, even with a late season loss (like you mentioned)

Vivica A Fox Haters GIF by Face The Truth

ice-t hater GIF

• Sicko 1