Barry: The Final Season (HBO, 16 April 2023) - Official Trailer

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Barry - Season 3 (HBO, April 24) - Official Teaser Trailer
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Barry - Season 3 (HBO, April 24) - Official Trailer
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Way too short :sadsun:

I think if it was a straight comedy show the length would be fine, it would be short and sweet, but because the drama in this comedy drama is so strong we want that longer length to really flesh things out more. 

On 5/6/2022 at 10:00 PM, Greatoneshere said:

Barry is essentially the villain of the show at this point, whatever semblance of redemption that may have even been possible is out the window at this point. This last episode solidified it.

Him killing Janice and Chris made him irredeemable as of season 1 IMO.

• Halal 1

18 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah agreed but the show's tone didn't turn on him as the protagonist I felt like until more recently.

Oh yeah, I'd agree with that for sure. Feels like a super hard pivot in that regard so far in season 3. 

• Halal 1

9 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Oh yeah, I'd agree with that for sure. Feels like a super hard pivot in that regard so far in season 3. 

Yeah I agree with you otherwise though - in some ways the show is weirdly like Dexter, you can be on a killer's side if they're killing people you know are bad but once they're killing people to protect themselves from getting caught or because they themselves are going through something emotionally or personally and are "acting out", you're gonna lose most audiences. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah I agree with you otherwise though - in some ways the show is weirdly like Dexter, you can be on a killer's side if they're killing people you know are bad but once they're killing people to protect themselves from getting caught or because they themselves are going through something emotionally or personally and are "acting out", you're gonna lose most audiences. 

Funny you should mention Dexter since I feel like this show is somewhat of a satire of that show with how it tries to make the audience empathize with a killer who does terrible things, but deep down wants to be a good person, even though they know they're not. Barry even dresses like Dexter in his kill outfit. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Brick said:

Funny you should mention Dexter since I feel like this show is somewhat of a satire of that show with how it tries to make the audience empathize with a killer who does terrible things, but deep down wants to be a good person, even though they know they're not. Barry even dresses like Dexter in his kill outfit. 

I definitely see it, I wonder if there was some influence there. Serial killer vs. hitman isn't that different of a premise. Dexter was trying to live a normal cop life, Barry it's an acting life.