Dragon Quest XI Reviews (PC Orchestral mod out)

crispy4000

36 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I've been playing this game on and off for the last year, and the music really doesn't bother me. I won't try to argue that it's good, but it never stood out to me as some outrageous piece of audio garbage. It's just kinda... there. 

If you leave the MIDI shit in it literally sounds like someone made parody Dragon Quest music specifically designed to annoy the shit out of the average person. It's just ear-piercing trash. I'm sure it has some fans, but good lord I am the opposite of one of them. I find the music to be actively hateful.

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

If you leave the MIDI shit in it literally sounds like someone made parody Dragon Quest music specifically designed to annoy the shit out of the average person. It's just ear-piercing trash. I'm sure it has some fans, but good lord I am the opposite of one of them. I find the music to be actively hateful.

Actively hateful is about as bullseye as it gets. From the masterclass DQ8 soundtrack to this is a gigantic plunge in the wrong direction. 

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

No. I didn't even do side quests. Stuck strictly to the main storyline and that was it. 40 hours on ps4 pro.

With most games, RPGs especially, I’d say post-game content is never essential.

DQXI is an outlier though.  The game isn’t really over yet, though it might appear to be.  You still have 1/3rd of it left.  More than you would expect from any DLC expansion.

You can choose to pretend otherwise and be satisfied.  Or you can continue out of curiosity...

6 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

With most games, RPGs especially, I’d say post-game content is never essential.

DQXI is an outlier though.  The game isn’t really over yet, though it might appear to be.  You still have 1/3rd of it left.  More than you would expect from any DLC expansion.

You can choose to pretend otherwise and be satisfied.  Or you can continue out of curiosity...

I like to pretend it's over :D