Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+, May 27) - Official Trailer

2 hours ago, johnny said:

It cant be worse than the way they gave Han Solo his last name. 

That part annoyed me because it wasn't even Han who came up with it. Cutesy, cheesy as it was it would have been slightly better had he said, "I have no people. I'm solo.", instead some random Imperial officer gives him the name Solo like it's their version of Game of Thrones' last name Snow for bastards. 

32 minutes ago, Brick said:

That part annoyed me because it wasn't even Han who came up with it. Cutesy, cheesy as it was it would have been slightly better had he said, "I have no people. I'm solo.", instead some random Imperial officer gives him the name Solo like it's their version of Game of Thrones' last name Snow for bastards. 

Plus, how many other people traveling don't have families? Does the Empire just give out 'Solo' to all of them? Is this the space Ellis Island version of Smith? That would mean there's thousands, or perhaps millions of 'Solos' out there.

7 hours ago, Reputator said:

Plus, how many other people traveling don't have families? Does the Empire just give out 'Solo' to all of them? Is this the space Ellis Island version of Smith? That would mean there's thousands, or perhaps millions of 'Solos' out there.

Again another reason why he should have given himself the name Solo. 

I like the movie overall, but there are some hamfisted moments in there. 

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

So not sure if any of you have heard but ...

Hide contents

Massive bait & switch set to happen where its all about the strong independent woman/sister chick and NOT about ... OBI-WAN FUCKING KENOBI!

where did you hear that

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, legend said:

I'm enjoying it, but man the choreograph whenever 

Reveal hidden contents

Leia runs away from someone

was so absurd looking. I appreciate that's probably harder 

Reveal hidden contents

with child actors

but I still think they could have done better.

I mean the notion that grown ass adults couldn’t catch a kid that young within a few paces is bananas, but that one baddie really seemed to like admiring the trees mid chase. :p

There are a couple canonical questions I have, but I’m at the point in my Star Wars fandom where I’m just curious as opposed to caring. Spoilers for these 2 episodes and Rebels:

Spoiler

I wasn’t aware anyone in the Inquisitorius knew that Vader was Anakin? My guess is we’ll find out the 3rd Sister was one of the Younglings that saw him at the Temple during Order 66 and she hates Kenobi for being Anakin’s master, or something that fits in with that while also simping for Vader.

The Grand Inquisitor dies in Rebels, so… I have no idea what’s happening here since this takes place first?

I’m psyched for more young Leia.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I mean the notion that grown ass adults couldn’t catch a kid that young within a few paces is bananas, but that one baddie really seemed to like admiring the trees mid chase. :p

There are a couple canonical questions I have, but I’m at the point in my Star Wars fandom where I’m just curious as opposed to caring. Spoilers for these 2 episodes and Rebels:

Hide contents

I wasn’t aware anyone in the Inquisitorius knew that Vader was Anakin? My guess is we’ll find out the 3rd Sister was one of the Younglings that saw him at the Temple during Order 66 and she hates Kenobi for being Anakin’s master, or something that fits in with that while also simping for Vader.

The Grand Inquisitor dies in Rebels, so… I have no idea what’s happening here since this takes place first?

Spoiler

yeah i’m guessing she blames kenobi for what happened. or she could be working directly for vader. 

inquisitor is probably gonna live and the other will try to hunt her while she hunts kenobi. 

also 

Spoiler

was it known leia is in this? i was pretty surprised in a good way 

38 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's what I thought too. We'll see where they go with it. Also,

Spoiler

I like that this kind of ties why Leia might have asked Obi-Wan for help in A New Hope more than just the formal reason she gives. It probably opens "plot holes' elsewhere in A New Hope, but probably not all that significantly or any worse than we've had to suffer already :p 

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Yup, one of the younglings in the opening scene is a girl with similar hair style as Reva. My assumption is she was one of the survivors. 

Also, assuming grand inquisitor is not dead since he's still alive in rebels which takes place after this.

3 hours ago, jinx8402 said:
  Hide contents

Yup, one of the younglings in the opening scene is a girl with similar hair style as Reva. My assumption is she was one of the survivors. 

Also, assuming grand inquisitor is not dead since he's still alive in rebels which takes place after this.

Yeah that seems like a safe assumption.

Spoiler

Just kinda funny that the "previously on..." showed Qui-Gon getting merc'd from a similar wound, but we have every reason to believe ol Grandy himself lived.

Again, not a complaint at all, just the passing observations of a lifelong Star Wars fan whose take on canonical consistency is constantly evolving. :p

With the brightness boosted...

grandinquisitor.png

I mean, eyes open... Seems pretty dead. And I think this was put at the end of episode 2 for a reason. I think they might be showing us that this series isn't going to be constrained by previous canon (outside of movies anyway).

My next thought is....they want a final showdown between Maul and Kenobi to happen on this show.

Watched the first episode and enjoyed what I saw so far. I’ll do the 2nd one tomorrow as I have too much to watch show wise. This, LoveDeath&Robots, Stranger Things mini movie episode season, Kids in the Hall, and fuck me The Boys up starts next week and Ms. Marvel the week after.

Maybe 

Spoiler

It's a different Grand Inquisitor. The replacement guy we see in Rebels is just also a Pau'an. That's my guess if he actually is dead. 

Also maybe someone could help me, but my Disney + is acting strange. Whenever I watch anything now the colour grading is constantly changing. Like mid-scene it'll flip between a yellowish filter, a bluish one, and what is actually supposed to look like. It's so annoying and makes everything look awful. When it cut to black at the end of the second episode, it wasn't actually black for me, it was a big yellow rectangle taking up the image.

11 hours ago, Reputator said:

Hide contents

With the brightness boosted...

grandinquisitor.png

I mean, eyes open... Seems pretty dead. And I think this was put at the end of episode 2 for a reason. I think they might be showing us that this series isn't going to be constrained by previous canon (outside of movies anyway).

My next thought is....they want a final showdown between Maul and Kenobi to happen on this show.

I cannot imagine they're going to ignore previous canon to that extent.

6 hours ago, Brick said:

Maybe 

Hide contents

It's a different Grand Inquisitor. The replacement guy we see in Rebels is just also a Pau'an. That's my guess if he actually is dead. 

Also maybe someone could help me, but my Disney + is acting strange. Whenever I watch anything now the colour grading is constantly changing. Like mid-scene it'll flip between a yellowish filter, a bluish one, and what is actually supposed to look like. It's so annoying and makes everything look awful. When it cut to black at the end of the second episode, it wasn't actually black for me, it was a big yellow rectangle taking up the image.

I've had this happen when downloading 4K versions of the episodes. May want to check your streaming settings and your TV. Not sure if it's the same problem I've sometimes encountered, but it sounds similar. I have 4K output on both my TV and computer monitor, it was the download itself that was broken, but it played but with all that filtering you're mentioning (meaning someone pulled a bad 4K stream off of Disney+ would be my guess).

57 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I've had this happen when downloading 4K versions of the episodes. May want to check your streaming settings and your TV. Not sure if it's the same problem I've sometimes encountered, but it sounds similar. I have 4K output on both my TV and computer monitor, it was the download itself that was broken, but it played but with all that filtering you're mentioning (meaning someone pulled a bad 4K stream off of Disney+ would be my guess).

I tried switching the quality to 1080p in the settings on D+, but the same thing was happening. It's only recently starting doing this too. Was doing it while I was watching Boba Fett. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Brick said:

I tried switching the quality to 1080p in the settings on D+, but the same thing was happening. It's only recently starting doing this too. Was doing it while I was watching Boba Fett. 

That's definitely weird. Maybe sign out fully, delete the app, and then reinstall it? Or check to see if app is fully updated? That's strange.

15 minutes ago, Oberon said:

I don't get it, didn't obi wan know that Anakin was called Darth Vader by end of episode 3? Why would he be surprised Vader is alive

Obi-Wan believes he killed Anakin on Mustafar. Even in the Legends canon, he learned Anakin survived later on.

• Halal 1

Watched part one. Easily the best season premiere of the SW shows. The prequel recap shows what I’ve always thought…not really a terrible main storyline when you boil it down to the essentials.

Ewan is sooooo perfect as Obi-wan. The Inquisitors are surprisingly menacing for a family show. The actress playing Leia is really great for a kid. And the show visually is 1000x better than Fett.

I am all in, baby!

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Watched part one. Easily the best season premiere of the SW shows. The prequel recap shows what I’ve always thought…not really a terrible main storyline when you boil it down to the essentials.

Ewan is sooooo perfect as Obi-wan. The Inquisitors are surprisingly menacing for a family show. The actress playing Leia is really great for a kid. And the show visually is 1000x better than Fett.

I am all in, baby!

Didn’t Topher Grace do this too for friends? I believe he took all 3 movies and edited down to like a single 85min movie and people said it was amazing. Plus I wonder if he might of helped created the opening recap, with what he has put out on YouTube before. Like this trailer below he did with a friend while the wives were out for a weekend, he says

• Like 1