Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+, May 27) - Official Trailer

40 minutes ago, Brick said:

I thought it looked cheap. Honestly a few of the shots and costumes look "fan film" quality to me.

maybe if we are talking like a zack snyder fan film quality. 

fan films almost always look like shit lol 

40 minutes ago, Brick said:

I thought it looked cheap. Honestly a few of the shots and costumes look "fan film" quality to me.

maybe if we are talking like a zack snyder fan film quality. 

fan films almost always look like shit lol 

3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Lol this take is rough

I am genuinely baffled by this because I had exactly the opposite reaction, that this looks way closer to the feature films than Boba Fett did.

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I am genuinely baffled by this because I had exactly the opposite reaction, that this looks way closer to the feature films than Boba Fett did.

:shrug:

Something just looks off, even aside from the Grand Inquisitor looking like the makeup artist basing his look after only looking at a picture of him from Rebels. 

Not like I'm not going to watch this though. 

12 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

My only hope for this show is that Obi-Wan falls asleep in a tanning booth and smoked 2 packs a day to show how he went from Ewan to Alec in 16 years.

Well technically the show takes place ten years after ROTS, so Ewan McGregor has to turn into Alec Guinness in 9 more years from the show's starting point. :p 

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Well technically the show takes place ten years after ROTS, so Ewan McGregor has to turn into Alec Guinness in 9 more years from the show's starting point. :p 

Oh you think this is going to be the first D+ Star Wars show with no flashbacks do you? :p

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

Oh you think this is going to be the first D+ Star Wars show with no flashbacks do you? :p

Haha yeah of course I'm just saying he still looks like Ewan McGregor even in the present plot. I mean, he looks older, but they'll never be close to the same, it's a different time than the 70's and people take better care of themselves and Ewan is just a younger looking, better looking guy. Plus, the ages of course don't match lol. Though technically, Alec Guiness was 64 when they shot A New Hope. Subtract nine years, you get 55 years old during this show, and McGregor is currently 50 years old. So, only 5 years off . . . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) - May 27, update: Teaser Trailer
1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

A Friday premiere instead of Wednesday, which is goddamned stupid considering the symbolic value of May 25 to the series.

Which is exactly why I'm so confused to why they changed it! They moved their new releases originally from Fridays to Wednesdays so that they wouldn't interfere with their movie releases on Fridays, so maybe someone noticed they don't have any Friday movie releases during the run of this series and decided to put it out on Fridays, but then they're a moron for missing the point of releasing it on May 25!

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+, May 27) - Official Trailer

Oh man, Joel Edgerton's delivery of: "like you trained his father?" and Ewan McGregor's completely humiliated reaction were so good. Chills. That's the kind of good family drama I think of when people talk about Star Wars being a "Skywalker family drama".

In some ways if they go deeper with this it may make me rethink Uncle Owen. I mean, they imply Uncle Owen may care about Luke, but I always felt Luke had to get trained to save the world so Uncle Owen was an annoying obstacle to the plot. But for Uncle Owen, it was about keeping his adopted son safe, and not becoming his father. In A New Hope to me Uncle Owen always came off as callous, like he resented Luke himself, so I didn't buy the "protecting Luke" bit, but here I get the sense it's the opposite, interesting. He says: "leave us alone" which includes Luke.

• Like 1

Also worth noting that Owen probably doesn't know Anakin is Vader, for all he knows Anakin is dead, and it's likely Obi-Wan thinks so too until he runs into Vader (which btw Ewan said in an interview that the first time seeing Vader freaked him out lol). Owen just doesn't want Luke to die like most other Jedi. 

Not that canonical consistency has ever been Star Wars's strength, but it'll be weird if Obi-Wan and Vader run into one another given their chat on the Death Star.

Other than that, the notion of Obi-Wan dunking on part of the Inquisitorius is rad and I'm into it.

11 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Not that canonical consistency has ever been Star Wars's strength, but it'll be weird if Obi-Wan and Vader run into one another given their chat on the Death Star.

Other than that, the notion of Obi-Wan dunking on part of the Inquisitorius is rad and I'm into it.

I seem to recall someone - can’t remember if it was Lucas or not - saying that the opening screen crawl is meant to give the impression that the stories are legends being passed down as oral history. Under that guise I think inconsistencies like that are much more forgivable (not that I really care about canon). 

5 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I seem to recall someone - can’t remember if it was Lucas or not - saying that the opening screen crawl is meant to give the impression that the stories are legends being passed down as oral history. Under that guise I think inconsistencies like that are much more forgivable (not that I really care about canon). 

Yeah, I don't super care about canon anymore. I guess they could ham fist an Obi - Vader encounter in-between Mustafar and the Death Star as Vader still not being "the master" or whatever.

Honestly if I had my way, every episode would feature Obi-Wan committing an act of perfidy, he and Anakin LOVED doing that shit in Clone Wars, just two Jedi bros casually committing war crimes.

I'm calling it now that they'll address the weirdness of him still using the last name Kenobi as Ben Kenobi by having someone who doesn't know him yet, overhear Owen call him Kenobi, and then him introducing himself as Ben to keep his real first name a secret. Something like, 

Rando: "What was your name? Kenobi, did I hear?" 

Obi-Wan: "Uh, yes, Ben Kenobi." 

10 hours ago, Brick said:

I'm calling it now that they'll address the weirdness of him still using the last name Kenobi as Ben Kenobi by having someone who doesn't know him yet, overhear Owen call him Kenobi, and then him introducing himself as Ben to keep his real first name a secret. Something like, 

Rando: "What was your name? Kenobi, did I hear?" 

Obi-Wan: "Uh, yes, Ben Kenobi." 

"What's your name stranger?"

*looks off to the distance and sees force ghost of Qui-Gon Jinn*

"Jinn. Jinn Kenobi."

"Whaaat? Can't hear you! Did you say Ben Kenobi?"

"Eh, close enough."

• Haha 2