Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+, May 27) - Official Trailer

john-williams-music-composer.jpg?w=1000
VARIETY.COM

Composer John Williams, a stalwart of the 'Star Wars' film series, is returning with a theme for TV's 'Obi-Wan Kenobi,' Variety has learned.

More than two years after completing his ninth “Star Wars” movie, composer John Williams is returning to the Jedi fold with a theme for “Obi-Wan Kenobi,” Variety has learned.

Williams has written the musical signature for the continuing adventures of the character played by Ewan McGregor, airing on Disney Plus beginning May 25. He recorded last week with a Los Angeles orchestra under tight security, sources say.

• Like 2

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) - May 25, update: John Williams wrote the show's signature theme
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) - May 25, update: Teaser Trailer

Looks interesting. I really hope they don't have Obi-Wan get too involved in galactic affairs...especially on Tatooine. Last thing we need is a scene of him personally designing the X-Wing in Mos Eisley. But, Ewan was the best part of the prequels so I will definitely watch the first few episodes at least!

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Looks interesting. I really hope they don't have Obi-Wan get too involved in galactic affairs...especially on Tatooine. Last thing we need is a scene of him personally designing the X-Wing in Mos Eisley. But, Ewan was the best part of the prequels so I will definitely watch the first few episodes at least!

Palps was the best part, damn it.

Also, it could be interesting to see Ewan in this role directed by someone other than Lucas. Lucas was not a good director when it came to acting, but Ewan was still decent most of the time and did a commendable job with the awfulness of the script writing.

Watched this trailer a few more times, and then watched the Boba Fett trailer. If the respective trailers are indicative of the show quality, Kenobi should be great!

Music got me right in the feels, and monologue about Jedi not being able to help themselves - I'm all in. Trailer looked good. Confused on how much people like Kenobi, Owen, and Beru did on Tatooine in the intervening 19 years given the state of things in A New Hope but I'll watch. Giving actual character to Owen and Beru when you have Joel Edgerton makes a lot of sense to me.

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Music got me right in the feels, and monologue about Jedi not being able to help themselves - I'm all in. Trailer looked good. Confused on how much people like Kenobi, Owen, and Beru did on Tatooine in the intervening 19 years given the state of things in A New Hope but I'll watch. Giving actual character to Owen and Beru when you have Joel Edgerton makes a lot of sense to me.

Look, all they have to do is create a compelling narrative where the characters end off exactly where they started, and nothing significant changes.

Not hard!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Look, all they have to do is create a compelling narrative where the characters end off exactly where they started, and nothing significant changes.

Not hard!

Well, if it gets us to understand why the characters are in the places they are by A New Hope, that'll help, because the Kenobi at the end of Revenge of the Sith isn't exactly the Kenobi we see in A New Hope. Age colors that, but maybe shit went down in between to explain character changes amongst Owen, Beru, and Kenobi. Clearly Owen has issues with Kenobi and distrusts him by A New Hope, but at the end of ROTS, he's openly accepting baby Luke from Kenobi. So there's room there . . . I hope.