A lot of the Forgotten Realm rpgs are on sale on the eshop for the week.

Derek

24 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I've tried most of these games multiple times- first on PC, then more recently on my iPad. I just can't get into this genre, which is annoying to me because on paper, I should love them. 

Same here. I used to be able to get into them when I was younger, but I feel like I can't now. I've even tried to get into Divinity: Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity multiple times.

1 hour ago, Captain Pickle said:

Then try them on paper 

That's the thing - I love playing DnD. You would think I love the isometric turned based RPGs. I don't. I think it's too much reading? I also love reading. Maybe I no longer want my gaming and reading to intersect?

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

That's the thing - I love playing DnD. You would think I love the isometric turned based RPGs. I don't. I think it's too much reading? I also love reading. Maybe I no longer want my gaming and reading to intersect?

Icewind Dale is more combat focused so less reading.

I really want to play these games but i know i won't. I think I even have Baldur's Gate on my pc and I've never played it for more than five minutes. I think it's just too dated for me. I love character customization and stuff and the fact that they're basically jpg avatars is a buzzkill.

I've even been tempted to get into Neverwinter Nights or whichever one is the hack n slash, but even that just looks a bit too outdated. Which is weird because I play old games all the time. Just yesterday I was playing Mercenaries and loving it, and its ugly as shit lol.

14 hours ago, dualhunter said:

Icewind Dale is more combat focused so less reading.

My problem with Icewind Dale isn't the gameplay itself (it's actually a lot of fun), but that it's designed to be handled by people who are exploring tactics. In that guise, it's a bit fun, but as always, I begin to focus on a strategic level of handling combat, and in a very short time, I'm way overpowered and basically smashing through practically everything.

I think it was a Forgotten Realm rpg or felt like it, but there was a game that you could pick a female character and if she didn't have armor/clothing, she would just have naked boobies. Maybe it was just in the character select screen, but I remember dark elf boobies. What game was this?