Shooting at Jacksonville leaves 4 dead, 11 injured

https://www.news4jax.com/news/shooting-at-jacksonville-landing-leaves

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Sources say at least eleven people have been shot and four are dead after a shooting at the Jacksonville Landing Sunday afternoon.

Police urge everyone to stay away from the area because it is not safe.

Early reports say they were shot inside a game room at the Chicago Pizza and others may have been wounded in the gunfire.

News4Jax have crews on the scene.  Several ambulances, firefighters and police officers are on the scene and roads are being blocked off downtown near the Jacksonville Landing.

Bay Street from Pearl to Main Street are closed as police investigate.

News4Jax will update this breaking story with more information as soon as it is confirmed.

The shooting happened during a Madden tournament, which was being streamed on Twitch, so there is video of it.

WARNING: Not graphic, but definitely not for the faint of heart

The mental fragility of a guy who would resort to mass murder because he lost a video game tournament is frightening. These people walk amongst us everyday, and they’ve got quick and cheap access to guns.

Shouldn't this puts a couple of holes in the "Video games train people to be killers debate." Because by that logic some of those professional gamers should have jumped into action with their ninja like training. Instead it was one of the worst players at the tournament that did this. 

I say that as a badly timed joke. This sucks and will only lead to more calls against video games overall. And really sucks for the people that got injuries and lost lives. 

4th mass shooting in Florida in the last 2.5 years. I think the problem is they need more guns to solve this issue. 

June 12, 2016 - Pulse (50 dead)

January 6, 2017 - FLL Airport (5 dead)

February 14, 2018 - Stoneman Douglas (17 dead)

August 26, 2018 - The Landing (4 dead)

1 minute ago, DarkStar189 said:

I find it crazy of all places he got shot, he got shot in the thumb lol. Super lucky to be alive but also from a gaming standpoint, thumbs are important! 

That was my thought, as well. Maybe he's just happy a similar situation didn't happen to him at an orgy.....