Young Justice - Season 4

I know we have a lot of comic book movie watchers here and at least some Young Justice viewers on this board as I recall. I just found out a few days ago that Young Justice season 4, part 1 has already fully released, all 13 episodes September to December 2021. Part 2 is likely coming out this spring. I immediately binged all 13 episodes and the show is better than ever, though this really did function as a part 1. Has anyone else watched the latest season? I was amazed to find no thread on this here. Definitely worth watching, the show's emotional intelligence and progressive values shine through better than ever while being a very heavy season of the show. Really looking forward to Part 2.

I watched them as they aired. Young Justice is still one of the most underrated cartoons ever. They probably have my favorite interpretation of the DCU outside of the comics.  The only complaint I have and I know other fans of the show do as well is some of the cost saving measures that you can see in the animation. A LOT of "Motion comic" style scenes and sequences which is a shame because Young justice has some really awesome action scenes when they bother to spend the money. The Artemis arc this season had some good ones and I REALLY enjoyed the last arc with Dr. Fate and Zatanna. Some really cool messages about faith in that one. Very well written show.

Agreed - Greg Weisman and crew are still at the helm and crushing it. I think their writing is very nuanced. This show was willing to use the word jihad and in a positive Islamic way for once and Dune couldn't just as one example. :p 

I'm really curious and excited for part 2 since part 1 set up a lot of subplots that are clearly gonna be big deals later. Also, the one M'Gann credits scene was rough. All the credits scenes were the best they've ever been, I thought.

24 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Holy crap, I have HBO Max and had no idea it came out. Did this have 0 advertising? Never even got recommended to me. 

Yeah, exactly. I looked for a trailer to go with my post in the OP and there's only one trailer, and it's an awful representation of how good the show is. I had no idea it had dropped either until I saw a random article online about "season 4" and I was like that's out? Lo and behold, it had been releasing week to week for months and just finished part 1. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Part 2 of season 4 just started releasing for those interested - episodes drop on Thursdays, they dropped 3 episodes all at once last Thursday to kick things off. Things are already getting really interesting, and it's nice to finally see Aquaman's undersea world explored with a lot more depth on top of continuing the ongoing plotlines established from season 4 part 1. 

The show has not been renewed for a fifth season yet, so please watch and support the show so we get more - the show is the best it's ever been.

• Sicko 1

Yeah the three episodes that have dropped so far are pretty good. I'm doing my part to spread the word... such a well written show and one of the best representations of the DC Universe I've ever seen. I also like that a lot of obscure characters get their time to shine. Vandal Savage is the big bad here (as he should be) as opposed to Lex Luthor or the Joker. Darkseid is also a pretty big deal. Great show.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah the three episodes that have dropped so far are pretty good. I'm doing my part to spread the word... such a well written show and one of the best representations of the DC Universe I've ever seen. I also like that a lot of obscure characters get their time to shine. Vandal Savage is the big bad here (as he should be) as opposed to Lex Luthor or the Joker. Darkseid is also a pretty big deal. Great show.

Yeah completely agreed, it weaves everything in really well no matter how ridiculous the powers/planet/whatever is happening everything is grounded in character work. Great show.

• True 1

I've been eager for this to come back. :santasun:

Spoiler

Someone on reddit: "I think the episode titles are spelling out “Invitation to kneel before Zod,” and that Connor’s escape from the Phantom Zone will unleash Zod." And without the spaces it's 26 characters... :thinking:

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I've been eager for this to come back. :santasun:

Hide contents

Someone on reddit: "I think the episode titles are spelling out “Invitation to kneel before Zod,” and that Connor’s escape from the Phantom Zone will unleash Zod." And without the spaces it's 26 characters... :thinking:

So far it checks out... we'll see. He's another big bad we haven't seen a lot of in a lot of mediums. In the comics he's no longer evil though.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well that theory about the episode titles is pretty clearly right given what's been introduced in the last couple of episodes. :p

yeah it's pretty much a given at this point. Somebody who worked on the show must've spoiled that because there's no way anyone figured that out without all of the episodes being out. I'll have to checked past seasons to see if they've done this before.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

yeah it's pretty much a given at this point. Somebody who worked on the show must've spoiled that because there's no way anyone figured that out without all of the episodes being out. I'll have to checked past seasons to see if they've done this before.

When I posted that someone suggested that I think it would have been at "Invitation to Knee", so I don't think it's totally crazy that someone noticed at that point. 

• 1 month later...

The final episode of season 4 dropped today - and it was a pretty great way to wrap up a number of plotlines, but this season felt very focused on just a few characters while a number of major plotlines are still dangling out there, with more being set up in this finale. It works great as a season finale but without a season 5 renewal currently it doesn't work at all as a series finale, and it's clear the creators made it thinking they'll get at least a season 5 - I certainly hope so.

I didn't think the Zod family would get such a heavy focus even with the Phantom Zone stuff going on, looking forward to seeing how that ended playing out. A heavy season, but very well done.

Hopefully they get a season five... this show is always on the cusp. They are clearly setting up some long term stuff and they've been teasing Darkseif and The Light's alliance for several seasons now. I was wondering when 

Supergirl was gonna show up

I suspect next season we'll get another time jump where

Damian Wayne, Jon Kent and several other super children will be old enough

to start getting in on the action. Great series.

• Halal 1