NFL Divisional Round (2022) - Offense Wins Championships

Keyser_Soze

11 hours ago, johnny said:

brutal loss for buffalo. hate the OT rules 

I mean the #1 defense didn’t stop them with 13 seconds left and KC starting at their own 25. And didn’t stop them from driving right down the field in OT to score the game winning TD. The rules are fine. 

• True 2

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

I mean the #1 defense didn’t stop them with 13 seconds left and KC starting at their own 25. And didn’t stop them from driving right down the field in OT to score the game winning TD. The rules are fine. 

The fact that a team doesn't even get a chance to possess the ball in OT means it isn't fine. I don't give a shit what happened prior in the game.

It's like saying, "oh, we'll only play the top of the inning if a team scores in extras just cuz..."

I see both sides of the argument, but the only question that really matters is, ‘Which is better for the fans?’ and I’m struggling to think how keeping the Bills offense off of the field (and depriving us of an ending that could have been even more kick ass) serves that question. 

• True 1

3 hours ago, Amazatron said:

The fact that a team doesn't even get a chance to possess the ball in OT means it isn't fine. I don't give a shit what happened prior in the game.

It's like saying, "oh, we'll only play the top of the inning if a team scores in extras just cuz..."

I mean when the Patriots beat the Falcons in overtime for Super Bowl LI nobody had a problem with it. Including me and I love my Falcons.  Those are the rules.

21 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I see both sides of the argument, but the only question that really matters is, ‘Which is better for the fans?’ and I’m struggling to think how keeping the Bills offense off of the field (and depriving us of an ending that could have been even more kick ass) serves that question. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that in the playoffs even the players are gonna be like "THIS SHIT IS WHACK"  The rules overwhelmingly favor offenses anymore so not even letting the other offense on the field if the other one scores a TD is dumb, leaving the regular season rules at sudden death is fine IMO>

4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

So much for player safety and health. Both defenses were gassed. They weren’t gonna stop anyone. 

Luck is always a factor in winning. 

The new CFB OT rules are great. Just use those.

Most other major sports each team gets a chance at possession, when football goes to overtime it changes what the game is.

They should play a 5 / 10 min period

Start at the 50 (to begin and after each score)

No kicks of any kind (no punts, FG, Kickoffs, XPs)

And just play it like a regular game, last team to score wins.

Chris is right. When both teams are scoring at will you're giving the crowd less of a game when you don't give the other team a shot. It's like if you went to a concert and your team didn't play an encore. Or They came out for an encore and just said thank you and left. :p

• True 1