Hellbound (on Netflix) - Season 2 Coming Late 2024!

I was debating on whether to make a topic about this because usually when I make one these guys show up:

crickets GIF

In any case the show is directed by Yeon Sang-ho, director of Train to Busan and stars Kim Hyun-joo from that other show you didn't watch. Curiously she's playing another attorney but cooler this time. It's set in the not too distant future in a tale that hits almost a bit too close to home. People receive a decree that they will go to hell at a certain time. Then when that day comes 3 smoldering dudes who look like a cross between the grey hulk and that dude on the KEN mode album cover materialize and pummel and torch the person to death.

(Image of KEN mode album cover)

Spoiler

600x600bb.jpg

Now the problem with this is there are some religious zealots who decide this is god's will and use these opportunities to brainwash the public. The show reminds me a bit of Frailty but different.

It's kind of tough to watch, not only for the brutality and anxiety inducing situations but the overall scumminess of the  people involved. But as challenging as it is to watch it is entertaining and has some insane camera shots in certain parts. Only one season so far, and it is a brief six episodes but they are dense. You should definitely check it out.

Below is the trailer but I would suggest NOT watching it. Go in fresh without having seen anything.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to Hellbound (on Netflix) - Season 2 Coming Late 2024!