Microsoft/Activision Blizzard Acquisition - Information Thread, update: The Deal Has Closed

Bacon

MicrosoftGaming118_1920x1080.jpg
NEWS.XBOX.COM

Creators of Call of Duty, Warcraft, Candy Crush, Tony Hawk, Diablo, Overwatch, Spyro, Hearthstone, Guitar Hero, Crash Bandicoot, StarCraft and more join Team Xbox As a team, we are on a mission to extend the joy and community of gaming to everyone on the planet. We all know that gaming is the most vibrant and […]
header-jan18-1-1024x576.jpg
NEWS.MICROSOFT.COM

Legendary games, immersive interactive entertainment and publishing expertise accelerate growth in Microsoft’s Gaming business across mobile, PC, console and cloud. REDMOND, Wash. and Santa Monica, Calif. – Jan. 18, 2022 – With three billion people actively playing games today, and fueled by a new generation steeped in the joys of interactive entertainment, gaming is now […]

• Shocked 4
  • Haha 1

• Bacon changed the title to Microsoft Buys Activision Blizzard - $68.7 billion

I had to legit look at the Xbox Twitter to make sure it wasn't a parody account.

Absolutely insane.

No way they make CoD, Overwatch, and other big multiplayer games exclusive though.  Or at least I'd hope not.

I haven't read any articles to expand on the deal though, did they mention anything regarding any of that.

Just now, JPDunks4 said:

I had to legit look at the Xbox Twitter to make sure it wasn't a parody account.

Absolutely insane.

No way they make CoD, Overwatch, and other big multiplayer games exclusive though.  Or at least I'd hope not.

I haven't read any articles to expand on the deal though, did they mention anything regarding any of that.

If this deal closes, they won't make them exclusive, but they probably will remove future iterations from Playstation platforms.

They will never comment on future products, until they are announced.