Microsoft/Activision Blizzard Acquisition - Information Thread, update: The Deal Has Closed

Bacon

46 minutes ago, stepee said:

Can I mention how the deck will technically play more Nintendo games than the switch to try to make this argument even weirder?

I was going through the steam deck thread to find if I was Q2 before the delay. I know someone I think you wrote a post with all the Mario games you can play on the Deck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Sauce is the worst part of a pizza. Most pizzas that are bad are bad because the sauce is bad. Even if the sauce is good, too much of it is bad. Sauce is the #1 reason why pizza hut is total garbage. 

I would argue that Pizza Hut is the #1 reason Pizza Hut sucks! 

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I would argue that Pizza Hut is the #1 reason Pizza Hut sucks! 

I mean, yeah but it is because of the sauce. That also have, by far, some of the worst pepperoni. Only papa johns has worse pepperoni. The fucking pre-cut hormel pepperoni in a bag is better than papa johns and pizza hut. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I mean, yeah but it is because of the sauce. That also have, by far, some of the worst pepperoni. Only papa johns has worse pepperoni. The fucking pre-cut hormel pepperoni in a bag is better than papa johns and pizza hut. 

I would add that using Crisco on the bottom of their "pizza" doesn't help either! :sick:

16 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Sauce is the worst part of a pizza. Most pizzas that are bad are bad because the sauce is bad. Even if the sauce is good, too much of it is bad. Sauce is the #1 reason why pizza hut is total garbage. 

So true

Not the Pizza Hut comment though. I still like Pizza Hut. 

1 minute ago, Mercury33 said:

what about French Onion Soup? That has similar cheese consistency. 

With French onion soup you have a cheesy crust on top of actual soup. With Chicago casserole you have cheese underneath tomato sauce, which is also not soup. 

• True 1

6 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I would add that using Crisco on the bottom of their "pizza" doesn't help either! :sick:

Further more, pizza hut has reduced the amount of cheese they put on their pizza. Of course it has been this way for years now, but if you got a pizza back in the early 2000s, it would be literally dripping with cheese. There was so much cheese that cheese would run off the sides of your slice and pool at the edges. Pizza hut literally offers nothing other than grease!

Just now, Mercury33 said:

So true

Not the Pizza Hut comment though. I still like Pizza Hut. 

Their BBQ Chicken and Butter Chicken pizzas are pretty damn yum. I had Papa John’s when I did a trip to Austin, TX about 12 years ago and was one of the worst things to call themselves pizza. My city actually has 2 of them and I thought they were stateside only for the longest time, until like 5-6 years ago. . . you can take them back now. 

It's not too hard to decipher roughly how much indies matter to Nintendo. Look at the last investor report. They break down that digital game sales make up ~23-24% of their revenue. During a period where they do not have a major first party releases, download only software, add-on content, and Nintendo Switch Online make up about 50% of that total. (When they do have a first party release, it's more like 40%)

So all digital only releases make up ~10% of their sales. They don't break that down any further, but the images they used showed Nintendo Switch Online, the Smash Bros Fighters pass, and one indie game. If I were to take a complete guess, I'd wager that indie games make up at most 50% of that number. So all indie games combined probably make up a maximum of 5% of their revenue (when they don't have a major title releasing), but likely it's closer to 3% or less.

However, it's probably even less important to them than that. Even if it's 5% of their revenue, it doesn't move the other numbers at all. When they release one big game, their hardware and software sales jump up so much that it dwarfs nearly every other concern.

19 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

It's not too hard to decipher roughly how much indies matter to Nintendo. Look at the last investor report. They break down that digital game sales make up ~23-24% of their revenue. During a period where they do not have a major first party releases, download only software, add-on content, and Nintendo Switch Online make up about 50% of that total. (When they do have a first party release, it's more like 40%)

So all digital only releases make up ~10% of their sales. They don't break that down any further, but the images they used showed Nintendo Switch Online, the Smash Bros Fighters pass, and one indie game. If I were to take a complete guess, I'd wager that indie games make up at most 50% of that number. So all indie games combined probably make up a maximum of 5% of their revenue (when they don't have a major title releasing), but likely it's closer to 3% or less.

However, it's probably even less important to them than that. Even if it's 5% of their revenue, it doesn't move the other numbers at all. When they release one big game, their hardware and software sales jump up so much that it dwarfs nearly every other concern.

They call out what proportion of their sales are first party.  In their first 2 fiscal quarters it is 71%, down from 82% the prior year -- I assume this is revenue (which is probably not the best measure of what the user experience is).  

211105e.pdf (nintendo.co.jp)

On page 22, the bars show that over the last 18 months sales (on a unit sales basis) show non-first party software outselling first-party software in FY21 and FY22.

47 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

They call out what proportion of their sales are first party.  In their first 2 fiscal quarters it is 71%, down from 82% the prior year -- I assume this is revenue (which is probably not the best measure of what the user experience is).  

211105e.pdf (nintendo.co.jp)

On page 22, the bars show that over the last 18 months sales (on a unit sales basis) show non-first party software outselling first-party software in FY21 and FY22.

(excluding download-only titles)

So... still not indies.