Microsoft/Activision Blizzard Acquisition - Information Thread, update: The Deal Has Closed

Bacon

3 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Well it is great for Game Pass.

Not sure if its great for gaming until I'd know more about how they handle some of the big multiplayer franchises.

Also, think they'll keep the WoW Monthly Sub Price, discount it with Game Pass?

i assure you it is not good for gaming lol 

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

From what I've heard, MS has a pretty good internal culture towards harassment, DEI initiatives, etc. Maybe someone else can confirm/deny. I hope this leads to a cleanout at Activision-Blizzard. I want MS to send a team of Columbos in there to root out the bad people.

Animated GIF

They have a great history.

newspress-collage-20833379-1642174509740
NYPOST.COM

The tech giant said law firm Arent Fox will compile a report detailing the effectiveness of its internal policies on workplace sexual harassment.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

They have a great history.

newspress-collage-20833379-1642174509740
NYPOST.COM

The tech giant said law firm Arent Fox will compile a report detailing the effectiveness of its internal policies on workplace sexual harassment.

That's good to hear. While I have mixed feelings on this purchase due to industry consolidation concerns, I have been pleased with the huge turnaround at MS over the past twenty years.

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Microsoft just won this gen. Sony probably will have the better games overall, but MSFT just won if COD is now an Xbox/PC exclusive and included on GamePass 

Best case scenario for Playstation owners is that MS still releases most of the big games on Sony's platform like they do with Minecraft, but everything is also on Game Pass. It's a win/win for MS even if they don't go full on Game Pass exclusive. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

That's good to hear. While I have mixed feelings on this purchase due to industry consolidation concerns, I have been pleased with the huge turnaround at MS over the past twenty years.

Actually, that was sarcasm.  The fact that their board felt the need for an external investigation suggests that they do (or recently had) a problem.

5 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

If Microsoft makes CoD exclusive to Game Pass, you think it’s finally enough for Sony to allow Game Pass on PS5? Probably not but I would love to own one console that can play both exclusives. 

I am sure that Sony would allow GamePass on Playstation as long as they get 30% of the revenue from any user that connects their account.

MS would never do that.

31 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

If this deal closes, they won't make them exclusive, but they probably will remove future iterations from Playstation platforms.

They will never comment on future products, until they are announced.

This move isn't about exclusivity. They'd be NUTS to do that. Shareholders would be furious.

This move is about transitioning Microsoft's game business towards being completely platform agnostic. Profit off games no matter where they're released.

It runs tangent to their long-term strategy of turning games into a service.

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

This move isn't about exclusivity. They'd be NUTS to do that. Shareholders would be furious.

This move is about transitioning Microsoft's game business towards being completely platform agnostic. Profit off games no matter where they're released.

It runs tangent to their long-term strategy of turning games into a service.

If they were platform agnostic, all future Bethesda games would be released on Playstation.  Starfield says hello.

If they were platform agnostic, all MS Game Studio games would be released on Playstation.  Forza Horizon and Halo Infinite say hello.

They are not releasing their content on Nintendo/Playstation - and I've seen nothing to suggest they plan on changing that (and no, Minecraft doesn't count).

IMHO, they want to push GamePass with exclusives -- and AFAIK that is only available on Xbox and the shitty MS store on PC.

8 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

If they were platform agnostic, all future Bethesda games would be released on Playstation.  Starfield says hello.

If they were platform agnostic, all MS Game Studio games would be released on Playstation.  Forza Horizon and Halo Infinite say hello.

They are not releasing their content on Nintendo/Playstation - and I've seen nothing to suggest they plan on changing that (and no, Minecraft doesn't count).

IMHO, they want to push GamePass with exclusives -- and AFAIK that is only available on Xbox and the shitty MS store on PC.

TBF I was thinking about Minecraft but I see your point that the platform agnostic strategy hasn't happened yet.

Only line I saw regarding exclusivity stuff is

"Activision Blizzard games are enjoyed on a variety of platforms and we plan to continue to support those communities moving forward."

Basically same thing they said regarding Bethesda's big online games.  I'd expect the big multiplayer games to stay multiplat.  Use some of the studios to work on new IPs. 

Will they keep CoD on a yearly cycle.  Hard not to when its consistently the highest selling game each year.