Sony to address PS5 stock shortage...by making more PS4s

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It did occur to me that the fact that they're having to resort to making more PS4s means the increased computing power this generation is likely going to get largely squandered due to games still needing to also target the last gen of systems.

I'm largely speaking that it was a tech demo where a huge amount of computing power could be thrown at a very limited set of processes.

For an actual game, that computing power would need to be distributed between the various gameplay and other systems.

6 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I guess I’d also say to those really feeling  left behind for not having a new console… don’t lol. They’re big paperweights at this point unless you want to play your last gen games with slightly better performance. 

I don't know about the PS5 but even simple features like faster loading times, playing games at 60fps or higher, and Quick Resume make owning an Xbox Series X a joy. I can't go back to playing my games on a last gen console.

• True 1

11 hours ago, The def star said:

I don't know about the PS5 but even simple features like faster loading times, playing games at 60fps or higher, and Quick Resume make owning an Xbox Series X a joy. I can't go back to playing my games on a last gen console.

sure, the hardware is way faster. I’m just saying there’s very very few games you’re missing out on. 

13 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That Matrix demo ain't gonna be representative of shit this generation.

Of course it is! It's not even THAT impressive. You will be in for quite the surprise 3 years from now when games look better than that demo. You know better than this. Or so I thought....

Then you have the mid gen consoles coming that will easily surpass that demo. 

• True 1

I just played the demo for 30 minutes and noticed flaws etc. It looks great but its absolutely going to be beaten this generation. 

Imagine what Rockstar could do with GTA6? Naughty dog will beat that easily but not in scope most likely. Overall, the demo is certainly obtainable in 2 years or so. Then it will be completely out done nearing the end of this generation. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Of course it is! It's not even THAT impressive. You will be in for quite the surprise 3 years from now when games look better than that demo. You know better than this. Or so I thought....

Then you have the mid gen consoles coming that will easily surpass that demo. 

You're gonna regret this one.

• Haha 1

Best is actually right though, depending on how you look at it. I do think things will look better than the Matrix demo this gen, they just won’t be pushing certain technologies on display as far as the demo does. But they will also use clever tricks and such to get close while not being a low IQ choppy mess like the demo is. So the scales will overall tip in the favor of the actual games that look good all around, not just impressive in some (many!) areas.

As impressive as the demo was, I’m not sure if I really want to play a full game that looks exactly like that (image quality and frame rate) unless of course it was on pc also as that probably is possible today at good IQ/fps.

10 hours ago, stepee said:

Best is actually right though, depending on how you look at it. I do think things will look better than the Matrix demo this gen, they just won’t be pushing certain technologies on display as far as the demo does. But they will also use clever tricks and such to get close while not being a low IQ choppy mess like the demo is. So the scales will overall tip in the favor of the actual games that look good all around, not just impressive in some (many!) areas.

As impressive as the demo was, I’m not sure if I really want to play a full game that looks exactly like that (image quality and frame rate) unless of course it was on pc also as that probably is possible today at good IQ/fps.

The art style is indeed crap in the demo. Games will do better than that.

• Like 1