Sony to address PS5 stock shortage...by making more PS4s

Commissar SFLUFAN

This is a bunch of bullshit. I seriously won't own one until late 2024 at the earliest. I guess I'll play the shit out of my XSX.

My PS4 Pro is going to burn out trying to run watered down versions of the ps5. The visuals on ps5 will take off later this year making playing them on ps4 will look like a N64 game.

36 minutes ago, best3444 said:

This is a bunch of bullshit. I seriously won't own one until late 2024 at the earliest. I guess I'll play the shit out of my XSX.

My PS4 Pro is going to burn out trying to run watered down versions of the ps5. The visuals on ps5 will take off later this year making playing them on ps4 will look like a N64 game.

I’m sure GT7 will run fine on the Pro. 

video games art GIF by haydiroket (Mert Keskin)

• Haha 1
  • True 1

12 hours ago, Dre801 said:
  • Can't get a PS5
  • Can't get a Series X
  • Can't upgrade my GPU

Guess my 5700 XT and the Series S I impulse bought will have to do.

Everybody on here had success buying the Xbox Series X through Best Buy using the Xbox All Access plan. I checked again before posting this and it says I can pick up an XSX at my local store in 5 days. I am guessing Microsoft is earmarking quite a bit of consoles for this program since it will boost Game Pass numbers. 

• True 1

6 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Everybody on here had success buying the Xbox Series X through Best Buy using the Xbox All Access plan. I checked again before posting this and it says I can pick up an XSX at my local store in 5 days. I am guessing Microsoft is earmarking quite a bit of consoles for this program since it will boost Game Pass numbers. 

That's how I got mine. I was skeptical, but it came through. The week of Black Friday, no less.

42 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Not so sure what's confusing. The ps5 visuals are going to do a 180 very soon and playing the ps4 version of it will look like ass in return. We are still safe now I'm talking next year and beyond. 

You are exaggerating. The graphics will be fine on the PS4 Pro

Hip Hop Nfl GIF by Denzel Curry

50 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Not so sure what's confusing. The ps5 visuals are going to do a 180 very soon and playing the ps4 version of it will look like ass in return. We are still safe now I'm talking next year and beyond. 

I'm not sure doing a 180 is appropriate here. That would suggest the PS5 visuals will get bad.

If PS4 and PS5 look good and are on the same path right now then the two would probably split off and go in different directions.

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

The leap from PS3/Xbox 360 to PS4/Xbox One wasn’t THAT big, and the leap from PS4/Xbox One to PS5/Xbox Series X is even less. The new consoles give you slightly sharper visuals, better frame rates and shorter load times which are all nice improvements, but the differences in overall graphics aren’t that drastic. Of course over time the differences will be a little more noticeable, but still not to the point where PS4 and Xbox One games look like ass/N64 games by comparison.

PS3 and Xbox 360 games don’t look like ass which is why the Switch has been able to thrive since it’s essentially the same tech as those. People are willing to take the hit to the graphics and performance on Switch games because they can play them portably. I’m willing to take a slight hit to graphics, frame rates and load times to not have to spend $500 for another console when I have over 600 games for the one that I currently own and that I’m personally fine with the graphics of. I tend to play more mid-tier and indie games than big AAA games these days anyway, so having the latest and greatest state of the art graphics isn’t that important to me.  :shrug:

I work a full time job with two kids and I was able to get a PS5 with certainly some frustration and failures, but just paid attention to the drop times and was ready when I could be and it didn't take that long. 

I guess I don't know if it's gotten worse since then, but it's not IMPOSSIBLE to get one if you really want one. 

26 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

The leap from PS3/Xbox 360 to PS4/Xbox One wasn’t THAT big, and the leap from PS4/Xbox One to PS5/Xbox Series X is even less. The new consoles give you slightly sharper visuals, better frame rates and shorter load times which are all nice improvements, but the differences in overall graphics aren’t that drastic. Of course over time the differences will be a little more noticeable, but still not to the point where PS4 and Xbox One games look like ass/N64 games by comparison.

I think you're in denial lol. The PS5 and XSX haven't even released a game built from the ground up from the consoles yet lol. Like you said, right now, we are only getting framerate, improved load times, and improved textures. That's just sheerly off the power that these machines have. 

Once unreal engine 5 comes into play you're going to be in for a fucking treat what these new consoles can do. Like I said, that's about a year or two away because this gen got off to a terrible start in development due to covid etc. The sales numbers are phenomenal but the machines haven't even been utilized yet. Maybe one game in Ratchet and Clank but that's still nothing in what is coming. 

I know you're not into tech but more into indie simple games so you don't care. But don't pretend that these new consoles will not blow our minds at some point. PS4 and Xbox One games will look like ass in comparison believe me. This is going to be a very long gen.

• True 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I think you're in denial lol. The PS5 and XSX haven't even released a game built from the ground up from the consoles yet lol. Like you said, right now, we are only getting framerate, improved load times, and improved textures. That's just sheerly off the power that these machines have. 

Once unreal engine 5 comes into play you're going to be in for a fucking treat what these new consoles can do. Like I said, that's about a year or two away because this gen got off to a terrible start in development due to covid etc. The sales numbers are phenomenal but the machines haven't even been utilized yet. Maybe one game in Ratchet and Clank but that's still nothing in what is coming. 

I know you're not into tech but more into indie simple games so you don't care. But don't pretend that these new consoles will not blow our minds at some point. PS4 and Xbox One games will look like ass in comparison believe me. This is going to be a very long gen.

I generally agree that you're going to see a stark difference in the quality of visuals between the generations, but I think there are several games already that have provided templates of at least the ballpark of what we'll see. 

At some point "built from the ground up" is a meaningless statement, but Demon's Souls, Returnal, Ratchet, Astro's, among others are certainly doing things the Pro wouldn't be able to handle. I'm not sure we're going to see a LOT of games that make those games look like a half step or something like that.

• True 1

10 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I want a PS5 and a new GPU for my PC, but at this point I’m going to stop looking entirely. I got a Series X, I’m happy with that, so I’ll put the time/money I would spend on those other things towards something else that might fill the emptiness in my life. 

Same here. I was willing to go with either a PS5 or an XBox Series X, but neither has been possible to obtain without scalping or sacrificing Gamora for Thanos, so now I'm just basically waiting out a huge upgrade for my PC and forget that consoles ever existed. Otherwise, I'm kind of stuck with my enhanced 2080 video card for now.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I’m not in denial, I’m just going by what I’ve seen between last gen and current gen so far. And so far the differences between the two haven’t been that big IMO. Of course I expect that to change over time, but not to the point where current gen is going to blow my mind or make last gen games look like ass in comparison. But if it eventually gets to the point where I have a desire for better graphics/performance, there’s must-play exclusives and there’s a cheaper slim version of the PS5 then I’ll consider getting it. But as of right now I’m satisfied with my PS4, and have more games for it than I’ll ever realistically be able to play.

By the way, I’m not more into “simple indie games.” While I play a lot of mid-tier and indie games, I also play a lot of big AAA games as well. I like a variety in what I play, and things like story, characters, design and gameplay are more important to me than graphics. Of course I like good graphics, but they’re not quite as important to me as other aspects of games are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I generally agree that you're going to see a stark difference in the quality of visuals between the generations, but I think there are several games already that have provided templates of at least the ballpark of what we'll see. 

At some point "built from the ground up" is a meaningless statement, but Demon's Souls, Returnal, Ratchet, Astro's, among others are certainly doing things the Pro wouldn't be able to handle. I'm not sure we're going to see a LOT of games that make those games look like a half step or something like that.

Forgot about Demon's Soul's. I never got to see great footage of Returnal so I can't make a comment on that. 

52 minutes ago, brucoe said:

Same here. I was willing to go with either a PS5 or an XBox Series X, but neither has been possible to obtain without scalping or sacrificing Gamora for Thanos, so now I'm just basically waiting out a huge upgrade for my PC and forget that consoles ever existed. Otherwise, I'm kind of stuck with my enhanced 2080 video card for now.

5 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

A few of us did this here. I obtained my XSX in a week and it was an utter joke to do. 

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Download and take a look at the Matrix demo @Phaseknox

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That Matrix demo ain't gonna be representative of shit this generation.

It did occur to me that the fact that they're having to resort to making more PS4s means the increased computing power this generation is likely going to get largely squandered due to games still needing to also target the last gen of systems.