Ori and the Blind Forest ain't no slouch.

Derek

I was looking for something a little easier and lighter after finishing Blasphemous and then Grimvalor, but this game is tough. The save game system is quite a bit more forgiving then something like Blasphemous, which is good. I'm dying... a lot. I'm also not good at video games anymore. And as for lighter, the intro was sad af. 

It seems to be a fun game, though. I guess I just need to stop trying to rush around.

16 minutes ago, Derek said:

I was looking for something a little easier and lighter after finishing Blasphemous and then Grimvalor, but this game is tough. The save game system is quite a bit more forgiving then something like Blasphemous, which is good. I'm dying... a lot. I'm also not good at video games anymore. And as for lighter, the intro was sad af. 

It seems to be a fun game, though. I guess I just need to stop trying to rush around.

Ori and the Blind Forest is a FANTASTIC game and one of my favorites of all time - it's sequel is definitely on my "Must Play" list for 2022!

• Like 1

I gave up on on Ori and the Will of the Wisps because it got too difficult for me. It's not a child's game and can get frustrating where to go next. Plus the combat can be a bitch too.

On a positive note, it's absolutely beautiful visually with a beautiful soundtrack. It looks and runs amazingly well on the XSX.

I can appreciate Ori for what it was, but that game became so much of a chore to do anything. Even basic traversal was a pain. Call me lazy, but sometimes I just want to run in a straight line. But no, if you die and just want to get back to where you were, first you have to do 20 minutes of frustratingly difficult platforming before you can even attempt that thing that killed you in the first place. The only solution is to cheese it and spam the save button, but that's only if you have the energy to spare.

I think I got about halfway through the game before I just couldn't do it anymore.