In Orlando for our annual family Disney vacation, should we also hit up the Harry Potter stuff at Uni?

The last time I was there was right after Hagrid ride opened. My boys went with, but Juanita and our daughter didn’t. Anybody know if they had added any other stuff to either Uni park since 2020?

E2-A27657-A6-E8-4-D4-F-8-F70-DE2-CC74-CFB19
Ollie and I on the plane

30 minutes ago, Rev said:

I honestly felt really ripped off when I went. It's ridiculously expensive and not very interesting imo. I think it's a terrible value, but if she's never been, it might be worth it for one trip.

I almost went when I went to World but looking at the pricing and what it offered it really didn’t seem right to me.

I haven’t ever been at WDW on a weekend day, and holy moly it is way busier than usual during our weekdays here in January. The new Ratatouille ride has a 150 minute wait at this point 😂

25 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Are you only going to do the Harry Potter stuff and leave? Or spend the whole day at Universal? Cause the updated Jurassic Park stuff at Islands is pretty sweet. 

We would hang out for 7-8 hours, I’d guess.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Miss me with that shit, go to Galaxy Edge like a true 30+ year old nerd. 

Bruh, I’m 100% going to pay the dork tax of $15 extra per person just to ride Rise of the Resistance while wearing an Obiwan costume

1200x600-6-19.jpg
INSIDETHEMAGIC.NET

As mass hysteria ensues over Disney's newest popcorn bucket, Universal Studios threw some shade at Disney over the insane crowds.

I was wondering WTF that gigantic line was. People love that limited edition stuff, I guess.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Who goes to Disney during a pandemic 

Been twice! Last year was incredible with the super low attendance caps. Never will have a week like that again. No waits for anything, not elbow to elbow with randos all the time. Only think I missed were the live shows.

18 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I haven’t ever been at WDW on a weekend day, and holy moly it is way busier than usual during our weekdays here in January. The new Ratatouille ride has a 150 minute wait at this point 😂

We would hang out for 7-8 hours, I’d guess.

Well then I’d say it’s worth it.

I had never went to Tom Sawyer’s Island and maaaaan I can’t imagine this thing is staying around much longer. The sniper towers in the fort overlooking the lines at Thunder Mountain alone are a little problematic these days 😂

@sblfilms

Dude, I was there Friday and Saturday as well. The line for popcorn dragon was 9 hours at one point. We did all the food at the festival of arts and had more then we should have to drink. 

On 1/14/2022 at 9:23 PM, Reputator said:

They added the VelociCoaster. Many have told me it's their favorite rollercoaster they've ever been on. I don't ride coasters so I can't say.

We did that on Thursday and it was badass.

• Shocked 1

41 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

@sblfilms

Dude, I was there Friday and Saturday as well. The line for popcorn dragon was 9 hours at one point. We did all the food at the festival of arts and had more then we should have to drink. 

We did that on Thursday and it was badass.

oh man, sad we missed each other, woulda been nice to grab a drink!

Yeah, that popcorn line was insane!!

Another first for me, The Enchanted Tiki Room, which begins with a Macau named Jose speaking with a super stereotypical Hispanic accent like when he says “Chower” instead of “Shower”.

in 2022

My word.

I wish my parents had been able to take us to Disney World as a kid. I've thought about going as an adult, but I'm not big on rides, as I'm terrified of heights. Just doesn't seem worth the money if I skip on those.

I would have liked to have gone to Harry Potter world before JK soured me with her bigotry. If only to indulge my inner child and go to the candy and wand shops. :p

47 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I wish my parents had been able to take us to Disney World as a kid. I've thought about going as an adult, but I'm not big on rides, as I'm terrified of heights. Just doesn't seem worth the money if I skip on those.

Disney World is great for people who aren’t into thrill rides. Stuff like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance has very minimal stuff to bother you with regards to heights (one very tiny drop, the rest of the time just walking around or riding on a flat surface.), and dark rides like the new Mickey and Minnie rides that have no drops at all. Also many shows to watch.

And food. Like @SimpleGmentioned, this time of year they have the Food and Arts festival which is really cool as they serve tons of different small plates at kiosks around the world showcase, as well as a lot of modern and pop art that you can purchase on site.

I actually think we may have hit an age where our oldest is kind of over Disney, so our trips may end up being just Juanita and I and we will figure out something new to do with the kids.

While it may not be for you, don’t think so on account of the rides. So much more to WDW than thrill rides 😊

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Disney World is great for people who aren’t into thrill rides. Stuff like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance has very minimal stuff to bother you with regards to heights (one very tiny drop, the rest of the time just walking around or riding on a flat surface.), and dark rides like the new Mickey and Minnie rides that have no drops at all. Also many shows to watch.

Yup

A lot of the new rides are going 3d/4d and they are as good if not better then your standard thrill rides. The new ratatouille ride is maybe mid to low intensive and it was fantastic. Rides like the Transformer ride at Universal or Rise are so damn fun you can totally get by without ever feeling like you are missing out.

15 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Yup

A lot of the new rides are going 3d/4d and they are as good if not better then your standard thrill rides. The new ratatouille ride is maybe mid to low intensive and it was fantastic. Rides like the Transformer ride at Universal or Rise are so damn fun you can totally get by without ever feeling like you are missing out.

Gonna go back to EPCOT probably tomorrow just to festival and Ratatouille. Kids will probably just swim all day at the resort even though it will be like 58 degrees 😂

Even old stuff like Pirates is a fun thing to experience, though I would *love* for them to bring the Shanghai version of the ride with all the crazy projection mapping stuff.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Always wanted to check it out but we never had enough money to go. I'd still like to see what kind of technology they got going on down there. I love immersion experiences so things like 4-D peak my interest. 

Maybe one day I'll get a shot to see it.

I’ll holler at you next year and we can go

together. You’ll just have to pay for your food :p