Sometimes I yell in my sleep

Rachel

I yelled in my sleep today and my fiancé heard me from across the apartment and came to check on me. 

Sometimes I yell and shout in my sleep during nightmares

also I have nightmares 3-4 times a week

and even my non-nightmare dreams are extremely vivid and I have vivid dreams every night and often I have lucid dreaming without even trying

ama

I don't get nightmares much anymore, but I used to get sleep paralysis all the time before I got blackout curtains. I had to learn how to tell when I was asleep/awake by doing things like trying to snap my fingers whenever I wake up. It didn't help me wake up from sleep paralysis, but it at least let me know that whatever I was about to see/hear wasn't real. That kind of eventually morphed into lucid dreaming.

It's worth learning how to do if you've never tried it.

2 hours ago, Marco said:

I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare in my sleep.  One of the recent things I did in my sleep was talk about something being $12.

I was going to ask "what about nightmares when you're awake?" And then I remembered that the last 2 years happened.

41 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The only fucked up dreaming and behavior I ever had was when I was heavily drinking. That's years ago but they can be down right frightening. Sorry to hear it's happening with no explanation.

The most fucked up dreams I've had weren't vivid dreams due to withdrawal, or nightmares from trauma, but from dealing with insomnia. I spent most of 2020/2021 dealing with pretty intense insomnia. Sometimes by like day 5, the dreams start to feel more real than reality. That shit fucks you up more than any nightmare ever could. Like literally not being able to remember what was real.

11 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

The most fucked up dreams I've had weren't vivid dreams due to withdrawal, or nightmares from trauma, but from dealing with insomnia. I spent most of 2020/2021 dealing with pretty intense insomnia. Sometimes by like day 5, the dreams start to feel more real than reality. That shit fucks you up more than any nightmare ever could. Like literally not being able to remember what was real.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

That sounds intense and I'm assuming you're getting better? Any medication for this? 

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

Jesus. You do have issues. Try another color for your nails. A pastel maybe?

A nice soothing blue might work.

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

That sounds intense and I'm assuming you're getting better? Any medication for this? 

Yeah quitting my last job helped a lot. Getting black out curtains helped with the sleep paralysis.

It was just stress that was causing the insomnia. I didn't plan on quitting until January but I quit two months early because of the toll it was taking on my mental health

8 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

A nice soothing blue might work.

Yeah quitting my last job helped a lot. Getting black out curtains helped with the sleep paralysis.

It was just stress that was causing the insomnia. I didn't plan on quitting until January but I quit two months early because of the toll it was taking on my mental health

Good for you. I took some time off work just recently because of my mental health. Hope it stays the same for you.