Okay so for streaming games from your pc with your tv/monitor turned off

stepee

So what the deal here? I always have issues connecting to my pc from both my phone (moonlight) and nvidia shield unless I turn the tv on and keep it on. Is there some obvious setting Im missing for this to not be the case or do I really need a headless ghost like I’ve seen suggested?

The problem with a headless ghost is the 3080 has one 2.1 hdmi port and that’s for my tv so Id want it to be display port, but then those only show 4k at 17hz. 

So what is the solution exactly for streaming locally at home and not having to turn a monitor/tv on? Seems like it should be a simple thing but I can’t seem to find the exact solution.

I want to be able to just instantly connect in my bedroom without this whole extra unnecessary element.

Edit: I’m using gamesteam via Moonlight or Nvidia directly on the shield

• stepee changed the title to Okay so for streaming games from your pc with your tv/monitor turned off
On 1/13/2022 at 3:12 AM, Spork3245 said:

Could you just try an HDMI 2.1 splitter?

Hm I’ve seen the idea of using a display port to hdmi converter floated around (but couldn’t find anyone really confirming it works) but this sounds like it should work on paper. So like this right:

https://www.amazon.com/CABLEDECONN-Splitter-Converter-Compatible-Projectors/dp/B08PKJZ7QB

You haven’t tried it yourself have you? hate buying stuff just because it could work :P