Bob Saget has passed away at age 65, update: "head trauma" was cause of death after accidentally hitting his head

24 minutes ago, Brick said:

Shit. Always threw me for a bit of a loop after seeing him on Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos and his wholesome, family friendly demeanour, to learn that his actual persona and comedy was absolutely filthy lol. 

I don't begrudge an actor for wanting to do something different and change their image, but I never enjoyed his dirty stuff.

His wholesome stuff on Full House and his work on HIMYM(which could be a little dirty but also usually with a deeper message) are what I will remember him for.

On 1/9/2022 at 9:28 PM, Reputator said:

Man. America's Funniest Home videos will always be my favorite thing he did. So many great memories watching that with the family in the 90s.

I'd love to watch those old episodes again.

EDIT:

Well that was easy.

The official website put every episode of the first few seasons on their Youtube account (and possibly others, didn't check). If you have 12 hours to spare:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

@Spork3245That John Oliver hosted interview was absolutely amazing! Hell of a great find, thank you SO much for sharing that. The last hour+ has brought me a great many laughs, really appreciate it.

Spoiler

Military Vet: my kid asked if he could watch the stand up special from the full house dad… what the fuck, Bob? I trusted you! 
 :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Bob Saget has passed away at age 65, update: "head trauma" was cause of death after accidentally hitting his head
11 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Wow. I didn't really know that was a thing, I guess it makes sense but that's crazy! I remember hitting my head in collage and deciding to sleep off the dizziness. 

You got really lucky.

It just reinforces the reality that any impact to the head -- no matter how seemingly minor -- could have fatal consequences.

26 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You got really lucky.

It just reinforces the reality that any impact to the head -- no matter how seemingly minor -- could have fatal consequences.

If I had died I would have basically just have taken a nap and never woken up. I remember the initial pain, dizziness, and then just feeling exhausted and needing to rest. Then waking up later. Luckily my bed was right near where I had hit my head so I kind of directed my collapse into it. 

What a sad and unexpected way to go. I have known 2 people that hit their head and have died. They were both in their early 70's. One was a woman who went out to get the mail. She fell and hit her head, came back in told her husband what happened. Laid down on the couch and died before the ambulance got there. 

• Sad 1