Tapatio ramen is so good I could cry

Rachel

3 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Indomie

I got their Mi Goreng often, spicy and normal versions, but I got sick of them. The taste just stopped being good to me. They are kinda tedious as well. Having to add like 5 different packets, and needing to drain the water removed all of the convenience factor of instant noodles.

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I got their Mi Goreng often, spicy and normal versions, but I got sick of them. The taste just stopped being good to me. They are kinda tedious as well. Having to add like 5 different packets, and needing to drain the water removed all of the convenience factor of instant noodles.

I cant say I cook them often enough to get sick of them. We always soft poach eggs to go in with it so it adds a little more work but again we dont make it very often.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

lmao ramen packets are being rationed now, what a country

I am assuming she is ordering via the Walmart app and pretty much everything has a limit how much you can buy on there. 

I've been putting tapatio in ramen for years... I assume this is like the same thing but an official version?

Sliced cheddar melts real good into top ramen and makes for a slightly more filling (and much more flavorful) meal than just plain ramen.

And if you want to get extra classy, some smoked, sliced brisket really fancies it up.

I've had to eat top ramen so much over the course of my life, I feel like I've got a little recipe book of ways to make it less depressing. One time I had been eating nothing but top ramen for like 2 weeks straight (at work, so I was extra hungry) and the only thing we had left was ranch. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either. Definitely not a contender for a preferred way to eat it, though.

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I've been putting tapatio in ramen for years... I assume this is like the same thing but an official version?

Sliced cheddar melts real good into top ramen and makes for a slightly more filling (and much more flavorful) meal than just plain ramen.

And if you want to get extra classy, some smoked, sliced brisket really fancies it up.

I've had to eat top ramen so much over the course of my life, I feel like I've got a little recipe book of ways to make it less depressing. One time I had been eating nothing but top ramen for like 2 weeks straight (at work, so I was extra hungry) and the only thing we had left was ranch. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either. Definitely not a contender for a preferred way to eat it, though.

I think it’s more than just ramen with tapatio in it. It’s its own flavor all together. Try it. 

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

The $0.25 Maruchan ramen is all I eat 

Def my 2nd favorite. Those are yummy. 

When I was younger I used to cook ramen, drain the water, then add the powder and a ton of Worcestershire sauce. Really amazing but probably not for everyone.

I use Tapatio in my ramen a lot now but I haven't tried the brandname Tapatio ramen. I normally get the Asian branded ramens.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rev said:

Just crack them and put them in the water. They cook in about a minute.

Look the last thing I want to do when I'm drunkenly making ramen at 3 AM is get involved with multi-step food preparation. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

As part of my ptsd/suicidality recovery I keep a list of “reasons to live” on my phone to refer to when I’m feeling hopeless. 

I added “tapatio ramen” to that list today. 

• True 1