Wordle - now brought to you by the goddamned New York Times

Jason

19 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Texas is as Mexican as California. (Literally the same percentage.) It's also why I moved here! These are my kind of Mexicans from my region of Mexico. 

What part of Mexico are you from? Juanita’s mom’s family is all from Durango and her dad’s family is from Merida.

53 minutes ago, Joe said:

I could have sworn you had said Chihuahua to me once?

She has family that lives there now, but her grand parents and her mom and those siblings grew up in Durango. Juanita actually lived there for a year or so when she 7-8. I think her mom lived in Chihuahua, specifically the Ciudad Juarez area in the late 70s.

Not my best, not even worth posting really

Wordle 207 5/6

🟨
🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

14 minutes ago, Komusha said:

I'm 1 out of 3. I've just never been good at these kind of word games.

If you really want to try it is helpful to have notepad open and you can get a visual of what's gone and what's left, and then you can kinda play around with combinations of letters.

11 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

4/6 - luckily thought of US spellings over UK ones.

lmao it still took me five tries even with this spoiler :p

Spoiler

The third try was me giving "adieu" a spin just because I was flummoxed after the first two so I figured it was worth it to make sure there were no other vowels in the word.

Wordle 207 5/6

🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

12 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Wordle 207 5/6

🟨🟨

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That was a tough one 😬

Wait, your first guess you had two letters correct, but in the wrong spots, then your second and third guesses you didn't even use them again. Why not? 

50 minutes ago, Brick said:

Wait, your first guess you had two letters correct, but in the wrong spots, then your second and third guesses you didn't even use them again. Why not? 

Sometimes it can be helpful to try 4-5 new letters per word. Even if your guess is completely wrong, that eliminates a lot of letters at once. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

I would rather collect more letters/remove more letter possibilities in the first three guesses, and then have the remainder of the game to figure out where they go.

Holy shit did I have a major mental block on this one.

Wordle 208 5/6

🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Guess four is because apparently "abcee" is a real dictionary word.

This one really threw me for a loop...

Wordle 208 5/6

🟨
🟨🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Four of those guesses had repeating letters. For some reason, I figured today had some double letter shenanigans. My guesses were...

SMART

HAPPY

ANNOY

ALLEY

ABBEY

1 minute ago, Jason said:

How the fuck did you get it right after those first four guesses. :epilepsy:

TLDR; it was literally that or gibberish. 

4th guess took out a of letters. I was literally stuck and I had no idea what the word could be. I could not think of any words with those three green tiles in those spots and it not just being total gibberish or maybe some non-english word.

Spoiler

At that point, I knew there had to be a repeating letter. And with the letters I had remaining in the pool, many of them were consonants. And there was no way both the second slot and the fifth slot were the same consonant. Total gibberish. I had that page up for like 10 more minutes after I used stuck. And that's when I realized the only letters I have been ignoring this whole time were the already confirmed/green letters. At that point, it was just going AAB and then ABB in my head and then it clicked.