Radeon RX 6500 XT is bad at cryptocurrency mining on purpose, AMD says

Jason

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It probably won't be particularly good for that either :p

Ya I am hearing a radeon 580 for 200 dollars in 2021. I believe the 580 itself was 200 at the time. 

Guess that is one way to move customers up the SKU tier. Why spend 200 dollars when you can spend 1000+ and get a 3080 or 6800.

Still neither nvidia or amd can add a pre-order add to cart on there "gaming cards" to help gamers get them, hinder the bots and scalping. That would be on purpose and easy to do, but nothing!

Off topic, but it really blows me away that still Sony or Microsoft haven't implemented and add to cart with a time line for us that are still wanting these consoles, one per email address, or something. I can't figure out why they don't either. I know sony has a raffle or something, I'm in that but theres no time or reason to how you get selected really. 

Am I missing something? Is it to hard to announce from Nvidia or AMD that they are now selling there own cards, add to card put 50 bucks down and first come first serve and have a tracking system showing where you are in line with an estimated time line? I wouldn't care if I saw I was 132,165ft in line for a 3080, 6800Xt, or a Ps5 one per email and credit/debit card system maybe with a registered ps network ID too? AT least I know they want my business, and they don't have to watch scalpers bots make money. They have to want these consoles in our hands the gamers right?

Sorry, this really baffles me, Sony, Microsoft, AMD, and Nvidia it really is a head scratcher....

9 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Slower than a 580, with no encoding capabilities so its garbage. On top of that, it's limited to PCIe 4 x4, or PCIe 3 x4, a massive fail in every regard.

It's a $200 card. Maybe the higher tier versions of this will actually be obtainable at MSRP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 1:34 PM, Dimden said:

At this point, just buy a Ryzen 7 5700G and call it a day until you can put away enough money (and beat the bots) for a proper GPU.

I hate to say it but I think prebuilds are the way. I think I should just accept I am gonna have to buy a Radeon 7800XT from a scalper.