Should I start Assassin's Creed Valhalla over for my XBSX or start Star Wars Fallen Order?

best3444

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

It’s good if you like the genre, which I do. But if you don’t like some puzzles in your action/adventure/platformers then it might not be for you.

I struggle with puzzles in games. I remember cheating on numerous puzzles in Immortals: Fenyx Rising. That may have been another reason I stopped playing it. 

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I struggle with puzzles in games. I remember cheating on numerous puzzles in Immortals: Fenyx Rising. That may have been another reason I stopped playing it. 

Yeah, getting stuck on puzzles in games can be frustrating as they can halt your progress and it can be annoying having to constantly look up the solutions to solve them. I personally think that the puzzles in Immortals: Fenyx Rising are clever/creative and I enjoy figuring them out, but I also understand that if you struggle with puzzles how they could be a turnoff for you.

Just now, Phaseknox said:

Yeah, getting stuck on puzzles in games can be frustrating as they can halt your progress and it can be annoying having to constantly look up the solutions to solve them. I personally think that the puzzles in Immortals: Fenyx Rising are clever/creative and I enjoy figuring them out, but I also understand that if you struggle with puzzles how they could be a turnoff for you.

Yea, the puzzles if I remember correctly were pretty damn clever and confusing for me. I may not go back to it the more that I think about it.

@Biggie You were correct that there is backtracking in Fallen Order which I don't personally mind but it's extremely easy to get lost. Plus the map like you mentioned is garbage. I'm still really enjoying the game a lot but I'm currently stuck not knowing where to go. I guess I may have to use a guide to navigate my way to my location. 

There are different paths and shortcuts that help but also confuse me. The game is a blast to play and I hope to figure out where to go tomorrow. I love the combat and abilities. The characters aren't over bearing and don't mess around.

After coming off GOTG is nice to have piece and quiet when playing lol. I'm still loving the game I just need to advance tomorrow. The combat is awesome and challenging on normal it's well down. Interesting world and story so far. I'm deep into chapter 3.

I absolutely loved the opening bit I played and do need to go back to this, but it’s on the list with Ghosts and Death Stranding and I’m in the middle of FF7 now. I imagine it can’t keep the pace of how awesome the beginning was but I’m sure it’s all doppppe. Sucks about the map though, FF7 map is balls too.

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie You were correct that there is backtracking in Fallen Order which I don't personally mind but it's extremely easy to get lost. Plus the map like you mentioned is garbage. I'm still really enjoying the game a lot but I'm currently stuck not knowing where to go. guess I may have to use a guide to navigate my way to my location. 

There are different paths and shortcuts that help but also confuse me. The game is a blast to play and I hope to figure out where to go tomorrow. I love the combat and abilities. The characters aren't over bearing and don't mess around.

After coming off GOTG is nice to have piece and quiet when playing lol. I'm still loving the game I just need to advance tomorrow. The combat is awesome and challenging on normal it's well down. Interesting world and story so far. I'm deep into chapter 3.

It was the main reason I lost interest. I wanna play a Star Wars game not a Zelda game with puzzles. The backtracking wouldn't have been so bad if it were not for that shitty 3-D map. 

14 minutes ago, stepee said:

I absolutely loved the opening bit I played and do need to go back to this, but it’s on the list with Ghosts and Death Stranding and I’m in the middle of FF7 now. I imagine it can’t keep the pace of how awesome the beginning was but I’m sure it’s all doppppe. Sucks about the map though, FF7 map is balls too.

Yea, the map is of no help whatsoever. It gives you a point of interest to get to but does an extremely poor job helping you navigate towards it. It's a cluster fuck. 

I'll try tomorrow to figure it out on my own because I hate cheating but I may have to so I don't waste more time.

Also, definitely play this game. Minus the issues I mentioned it's an awesome game! For the most part you can navigate pretty well on your own. 

I watched a vid comparison of the XSX and PS5 versions and the XSX out performs it in every category. Something about how the ps5 isn't optimized to develop for whereas the XSX transitions flawlessly. It runs and looks amazing on the XSX. 

If it's available on PC I'd go that route.

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It was the main reason I lost interest. I wanna play a Star Wars game not a Zelda game with puzzles. The backtracking wouldn't have been so bad if it were not for that shitty 3-D map. 

I'm sticking it out. I'll use guides if I get stuck. The game is to good to pass up.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea, the map is of no help whatsoever. It gives you a point of interest to get to but does an extremely poor job helping you navigate towards it. It's a cluster fuck. 

I'll try tomorrow to figure it out on my own because I hate cheating but I may have to so I don't waste more time.

Also, definitely play this game. Minus the issues I mentioned it's an awesome game! For the most part you can navigate pretty well on your own. 

I watched a vid comparison of the XSX and PS5 versions and the XSX out performs it in every category. Something about how the ps5 isn't optimized to develop for whereas the XSX transitions flawlessly. It runs and looks amazing on the XSX. 

If it's available on PC I'd go that route.

Yeah I started it on pc and just got to Zeffo, just hadn’t gotten around to going back to it.

I wanted to check where I left off though and man EA can’t fucking figure out pc launchers still. Now they have two launchers and my saved game apparently is trapped in Origin which doesn’t recognize my ea sub through gamepass, so I can’t launch the game to access my cloud save in Origin. The EA Desktop app doesn’t have my save at all.

Now luckily the game via Origin happens to be free with Amazon this month so I was able to claim that in Origin and then access the game and my save. I loaded it up to make sure I have a hard drive save of it as well now and then checked EA desktop again and it still doesn’t have my save! I don’t see any options at all (EA desktop is super barebones) to try to sync the save or point to a hard drive location.

Now mind, we are talking about the same game install and the same account through both launchers, but I have to remember to launch it through Origin or I don’t get my save. Dummmmmbbbbb.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, stepee said:

Yeah I started it on pc and just got to Zeffo, just hadn’t gotten around to going back to it.

I wanted to check where I left off though and man EA can’t fucking figure out pc launchers still. Now they have two launchers and my saved game apparently is trapped in Origin which doesn’t recognize my ea sub through gamepass, so I can’t launch the game to access my cloud save in Origin. The EA Desktop app doesn’t have my save at all.

Now luckily the game via Origin happens to be free with Amazon this month so I was able to claim that in Origin and then access the game and my save. I loaded it up to make sure I have a hard drive save of it as well now and then checked EA desktop again and it still doesn’t have my save! I don’t see any options at all (EA desktop is super barebones) to try to sync the save or point to a hard drive location.

Now mind, we are talking about the same game install and the same account through both launchers, but I have to remember to launch it through Origin or I don’t get my save. Dummmmmbbbbb.

That's fucking lame.

@Biggie @stepee I spent an hour navigating the tomb in chapter 3. I refused to use a guide and finally found my way through. It was pretty satisfying and fun and played 3 hours. The map isn't extraordinarily bad as it did assist me to some degree. The game is awesome though and it stays action packed with enough exploration to mix it up. I love finding secrets and navigating the incredibly well detailed world.

Like I said, I personally think this looks better than GOTG and I'm enjoying it a lot more too. It's not as chaotic with constant chatter and things move at a great pace. 

On normal it can be tough but the combat is really well done it never gets frustrating. Sometimes the camera can get in the way but overall I really recommend playing this game. Plus if you love Star Wars it's a must play!

• Like 1

Reached chapter 4 of 6 today. Still a phenomenal game even though the map is shit. I spend a lot of time exploring where to go next but that makes it fun. The story is basic, the dialogue is straight to the point, the combat kicks ass, using the force is fun as hell, and I enjoy Cal as the main protagonist with BD-1. 

Although, I had to cheat today with a puzzle and after seeing what needed done I don't feel stupid. The puzzles are pretty difficult but I just YouTube and move on. For the most part I figure things out on my own and it's a great journey. Using the upgrades force powers is cool as hell and progress the game nicely.

I also don't mind back tracking to other planets. It’s just a really fun game to play. Anyone on the fence jump right in.

Also, upgrading your lightsaber, BD-1, and the ship is well laid out. And I also appreciate a game that keeps track of the story in a databank. 

• Like 1

Reached chapter 5 today. I think this game is a 9/10. The exploration and finding your way through the levels is a challenge for me. I had again had to use YouTube to navigate out of an area. The game is so much fun but is challenging in both combat and puzzles/exploration. The puzzles can be ridiculous sometimes where I had to use a guide. Awesome game and I'm just giving an update. Really well made game for sure.

50 minutes ago, stepee said:

Is it really only like 15 hours? How long do you think you’ve played?

I looked it up and it says 17 hours to complete. I put 10-12 hours in it I'm guessing. I'm on chapter 5 and there is only 6 chapters. With me struggling I'm guessing it will take me 20 hours. Some chapters take a while to beat. 

I definitely play it though.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I looked it up and it says 17 hours to complete. I put 10-12 hours in it I'm guessing. I'm on chapter 5 and there is only 6 chapters. With me struggling I'm guessing it will take me 20 hours. Some chapters take a while to beat. 

I definitely play it though.

Pretty reasonable length, I might sneak this one in soon.

23 hours ago, stepee said:

Pretty reasonable length, I might sneak this one in soon.

Well, I played 5 hours into chapter 5 of 6 today largely because of a puzzle that had me scratching my head for a while. So I  broke down and YouTube'd it and it definitely was confusing. Plus traversing in the world can get difficult because like I  mentioned before the map is trash. It's 3D and it's not done very well at all. I mean it points you in the correct direction but it's really messy.

Other than that, the characters, story, and visuals on XSX are extremely impressive. For a 2019 game it stands as one of the better looking games out now. The performance issue have been addressed with other glitches too. All for making for a beautiful presentation!

The combat is great too when combining the force. You would like BD-1 as your companion throughout. I'm guessing I put 15 hours into this game and it's a very solid 9/10 game. Great adventure with very few flaws. Plus I enjoy Star Wars so I'm not sure what your thoughts on that is. 

This game deserved better reviews but at the time of release is suffered from framerate and glitches that brought the score down. It deserves 9's across the boards. Play this game!

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Beat it today. It was better than GOTG pretty easily for me. With the polish the XSX did it made for one hell of a game. I can't wait for part 2. 

If you're remotely interested in Star Wars play this game. And to think @Biggie thought I'd quit this game. For shame. 

I like Star Wars. This wasn’t SW. it was big frog-like monsters, puzzles, and a red headed shitty character. Sorry not sorry. 

• Haha 1
  • True 1

Ok re-downloaded this last night and played this morning @best3444  

Runs a lot smoother on the 5 and the graphics are better also. Just got to the first vault. Ima give it a go and try to play it. I’m going to YouTube all those puzzles though. I don’t have time for that shit and it’s the worst part of the game to be honest. 

On 1/15/2022 at 2:36 PM, best3444 said:

Beat it today. It was better than GOTG pretty easily for me. With the polish the XSX did it made for one hell of a game. I can't wait for part 2. 

If you're remotely interested in Star Wars play this game. And to think @Biggie thought I'd quit this game. For shame. 

What was your reaction to that “surprise” Appearance and subsequent sequence at the end?

13 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

What was your reaction to that “surprise” Appearance and subsequent sequence at the end?

I absolutely loved it! It actually freaked me out because I've always been afraid of him since I was a little kid. The sequel will be dope. 

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

Ok re-downloaded this last night and played this morning @best3444  

Runs a lot smoother on the 5 and the graphics are better also. Just got to the first vault. Ima give it a go and try to play it. I’m going to YouTube all those puzzles though. I don’t have time for that shit and it’s the worst part of the game to be honest. 

Yea, just YouTube the puzzles because imo, some are borderline brutal to come up with a solution on your own. Granted, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. Enjoy the combat, "story", characters, and gaming worlds. 

I’m on this one now and I’m about half way through. Game does look phenomenal, though on pc anyway I wouldn’t put it over GOTG. Add some ray tracing especially for lighting for the sequel and you’d have a winner though easily as the texture variety and modeling is fantastic here.

Im getting some serious prince of persia vibes here and I dig that, I enjoy that kind of puzzle platforming, less scripted than an Uncharted.

Dude himself feels fantastic to play. He’s very nimble and the platforming/combat blend together in a way that makes every fight scene a blast.

I really saved an amazing line up for games for myself over the last couple months it’s just been non stop bangers over here.

edit: To clarify, I’m talking about Jedi, also the map is dogshit.