Should I start Assassin's Creed Valhalla over for my XBSX or start Star Wars Fallen Order?

best3444

I originally started Valhalla back at its initial release but only got about 30 hours in. This was on my Xbox One X and I was thoroughly enjoying it. 

Now I own the XBSX and can play the game at 60fps at true 4K. That is a beautiful thing and I absolutely love this game. Plus there is DLC that I can tackle as well.

As for Star Wars Fallen, I initially played through the game completely drunk at release and remember absolutely nothing about it. I did research on it and it seems good enough for a playthrough.

My main issue is that if I start Valhalla I'll be hooked on that for nearly 100 hours and most of my games I've have planned to play it will go way in the background.

Is Valhalla worthy to take priority over my collection now with the enhancements on the XSX and should I just fully dive into this game and not look back. I remember absolutely loving it and my backlog isn't going anywhere. 

I just have a hard time choosing to really commit to such a large game even though it's amazing. What do you guys recommend I do? Binge on Valhalla or play some of the games in my backlog? I can't decide so that's why I'm asking you very intelligent group of people what to do. 

Thanks

Having finally finished Ass Creed Valhalla with over 150 hours of playtime I can safely tell you not to waste your time.

Seriously, don't waste your time. That's a hundred and fifty hours of my life I'll never get back. Never have I felt so dissatisfied with a game I've put so much time into. 

Don't waste your time.

If a typical story in any given media is a bell curve with an introduction, rising action, climax, resolution, etc., Valhalla is a plateau. A very low, very long straight line in which nothing exciting happens for hundreds of hours. Then it ends, and instead of feeling great about the ending, it robs you of any satisfaction you might want to gain from it.

I'll spoil that shit right now if you want me to. To save you the trouble.

Spoiler

The bad guy comes from out of nowhere (and has zero motive), the ancient device makes zero sense (even by Ass Creed standards), the modern day arc is extremely disappointing, and the actual antogonist, THE KING, the guy you've been raising an army against for over a hundred hours, not only walks away at the end, but he's also the main member of the Order, who you ALSO don't get to kill. So the game robs you of a final battle AND killing the leader of the Order. He just walks off and Eivor's like "well ok." And you're left with your dick in your hand wondering what the fuck you spent all that time doing.

Oh, and you're left with ZERO explanation of why/how Eivor's grave ended up in North America. So yay for that bullshit. The central mystery to the entire fucking game, and I guess they're leaving it for DLC or something. If so, they can fuck right off.

So there. You're welcome.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, stepee said:

Psychonauts 2

Lol, I will tackle that after Fallen Order. It's downloaded ready to go.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Having finally finished Ass Creed Valhalla with over 150 hours of playtime I can safely tell you not to waste your time.

Seriously, don't waste your time. That's a hundred and fifty hours of my life I'll never get back. Never have I felt so dissatisfied with a game I've put so much time into. 

Don't waste your time.

If a typical story in any given media is a bell curve with an introduction, rising action, climax, resolution, etc., Valhalla is a plateau. A very low, very long straight line in which nothing exciting happens for hundreds of hours. Then it ends, and instead of feeling great about the ending, it robs you of any satisfaction you might want to gain from it.

I'll spoil that shit right now if you want me to. To save you the trouble.

Reveal hidden contents

So there. You're welcome.

I loved it and will definitely play it again. I understand your viewpoint and appreciate your post. I didn't read the spoiler.

26 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I’ll restart a game after a few hours but 30 hours? Fuck that. I rather never finish it than restart it. 

Yea, I'm weird like that. I just remember loving it but I want to start fresh on my new console. I'll wait until I'm finished with my backlog then start over in Valhalla. 

16 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I didn't understand what you meant. Sorry. :(

I'm basically asking "if you save to the cloud can you use that save on the upgraded version of Valhalla?"

You have the Xbone version save - >

It is saved to the could

You now play the XboxSex version ->

Can the save from the Xbone version (that is saved in the cloud) be accessed by the XSX version and can you continue the game from your old save?

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm basically asking "if you save to the cloud can you use that save on the upgraded version of Valhalla?"

It is saved to the could

Can the save from the Xbone version (that is saved in the cloud) be accessed by the XSX version and can you continue the game from your old save?

Oh yea, it's saved where I left off. I checked. 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It is saved to the could

Just an aside here, not only does that work cross generation but with Ubisoft that works cross platform! You can carry the same save through pc, ps4, xbox, stadia, amazon, and resume where you left off. It’s one really great thing Ubi is doing and I really hope other publishers end up doing as well.

• Shocked 1

Very pleased I started Fallen Order. Looks and runs great on the XSX. 60 fps with added visual touches that make it look great! So far the game starts out action packed and doesn't waste anytime getting things started. It's well organized with skill trees, character bios, planents you discover, and the story is easy to comprehend due to the log.

I'm playing on normal and it seems like the perfect balance in combat but I'm only 3 hours in. It's just a really well made game and I'm glad I picked this over the other games I could have picked. 

Thanks guys for steering me in the right direction. I'm having a lo of fun with it!

Plus I do enjoy Star Wars.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Very pleased I started Fallen Order. Looks and runs great on the XSX. 60 fps with added visual touches that make it look great! So far the game starts out action packed and doesn't waste anytime getting things started. It's well organized with skill trees, character bios, planents you discover, and the story is easy to comprehend due to the log.

I'm playing on normal and it seems like the perfect balance in combat but I'm only 3 hours in. It's just a really well made game and I'm glad I picked this over the other games I could have picked. 

Thanks guys for steering me in the right direction. I'm having a lo of fun with it!

Plus I do enjoy Star Wars.

Wait until the backtracking starts and the frustrating shitty map.  I will await your 180 on the game!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Are you being serious? So the game gets shitty?

Lol no. I mean you will back track and revisit locations. But honestly the more you level up thr more fun thr actual platforming gets and I actually started to really look forward to any chance for more exploration. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Lol no. I mean you will back track and revisit locations. But honestly the more you level up thr more fun thr actual platforming gets and I actually started to really look forward to any chance for more exploration. 

Meme GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2022 at 5:34 PM, nublood said:

I’m actually about to go through Fallen Order again just because of the 4K/60 update. It was definitely good enough for a second run through. I missed a lot too because I rushed through it for whatever reason. I actually got bored with Valhalla. 

Same. Had high hopes for Valhalla but after about 15 hrs I couldn't even make myself be interested. The AC formula or whatever you want to call it has passed me by it seems 

• Like 1

I played 4 hours today and this game is awesome. Dare I say with the upgrades from the XSX this game looks better than Guardians of the Galaxy! It looks incredible with amazing detail and effects. Running at 60fps is a huge plus, too. The lighting and shadow effects are awesome.

The game is just a lot if fun to play with great combat and exploration. The puzzles are a bit tough for me so I had to cheat in one scenario but I enjoy the challenge. The game doesn't waste anytime and it gets right to the point. The characters aren't annoying and the entire package is AAA. 

I will definitely beat this game because its so fun to play. If backtracking happens I'm fine with that. It seems you need to unlock new skills to access previous areas so that cool. So far this is better than Guardians of the Galaxy for me. Excellent game.

Did I mention the visuals look amazing on the Xsx. :p

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I played 4 hours today and this game is awesome. Dare I say with the upgrades from the XSX this game looks better than Guardians of the Galaxy! It looks incredible with amazing detail and effects. Running at 60fps is a huge plus, too. The lighting and shadow effects are awesome.

The game is just a lot if fun to play with great combat and exploration. The puzzles are a bit tough for me so I had to cheat in one scenario but I enjoy the challenge. The game doesn't waste anytime and it gets right to the point. The characters aren't annoying and the entire package is AAA. 

I will definitely beat this game because its so fun to play. If backtracking happens I'm fine with that. It seems you need to unlock new skills to access previous areas so that cool. So far this is better than Guardians of the Galaxy for me. Excellent game.

Did I mention the visuals look amazing on the Xsx. :p

Maybe I should try the PS5 upgrade. Does it help with the horrible map or weird looking red headed protagonist?

36 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Maybe I should try the PS5 upgrade. Does it help with the horrible map or weird looking red headed protagonist?

I don't recall what the map was like before I played it a year or so ago. The protagonist is just fine with great detail. I don't see what your issue is with him?