The Boys: Season 3 (Amazon Prime, 03 June 2022) - Official Trailer

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Well yeah I got all that. But I have no idea why he's hallucinating cartoons instead of just remembering like a normal person.

if the cartoon reenactment is correct he got half his brains smashed out during the attack but the cartoons did mention them being there for him since he was kid so who knows. 

16 minutes ago, elbobo said:

if the cartoon reenactment is correct he got half his brains smashed out during the attack but the cartoons did mention them being there for him since he was kid so who knows. 

I liked that the one character goes directly from mentioning helping him get through a boner in school to helping him get through what sounded like probably slaughtering a bunch of people.

Also Soldier Boy had some great lines this episode:

"Hughie, listen, these women they're like  fine wine, okay, the older they get the more delicious, but the dryer." 

"And you might want to gargle my ball sack." 

"Bush like a Pomeranian." 

:lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

Quite a change to Noir's origin story.  I liked it personally.     The comic's origin story may have been a bit much for the show.

That's...uh...yeah, that's a thing alright.

Black Noir is an identical clone of Homelander created by Vought as a fail-safe to kill Homelander if he ever overstepped his bounds. However, years passed and Black Noir was unable to fulfill the one purpose he was created for. He grew increasingly more psychotic as he waited to fulfill his purpose. Black Noir then decided to fabricate his own situation, by framing Homelander for various crimes, including rape and cannibalism. This made Homelander lose his mind and start a Superhero uprising. Eventually at the White House, Noir revealed his true purpose to Butcher and Homelander. Homelander snapped, but Noir overpowered and killed him. Still, though victorious, Noir received heavy damage from the former friend's rampage, remaining disemboweled, without part of the skull and heavily burned all over his body. The US military intervened, attacking him with tanks and gunfire, furtherly damaging him and, by doing so, allowing Billy to literally crack open his skull with a crowbar and crush his brain to finally kill him.

https://the-boys.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Noir/Comics#History

They've got a lot to cover in one last episode this season. There's definitely going to be some threads carried over to next season. Wouldn't be surprised if Soldier Boy is brought back for next season, but I think Ackles signed on for another show, so maybe not. 

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

They've got a lot to cover in one last episode this season. There's definitely going to be some threads carried over to next season. Wouldn't be surprised if Soldier Boy is brought back for next season, but I think Ackles signed on for another show, so maybe not. 

Oh did he? Season 4 has already begun filming or is about to - I figured Soldier Boy was going to be a regular, maybe not.

I meant to mention earlier Black Noir's mental state is clearly broken, moreso after brain smash, hence the cartoon characters. It reminded me of the one It's Always Sunny episode where they are hostages in a convenience store gun hold up and each imagines how it would go and Charlie imagines everything in cute cartoon form.

• Halal 1

38 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Oh did he? Season 4 has already begun filming or is about to - I figured Soldier Boy was going to be a regular, maybe not.

I meant to mention earlier Black Noir's mental state is clearly broken, moreso after brain smash, hence the cartoon characters. It reminded me of the one It's Always Sunny episode where they are hostages in a convenience store gun hold up and each imagines how it would go and Charlie imagines everything in cute cartoon form.

Karl said they start filming the new season as of Aug 22nd. I agree that there are a lot of loose threads that all won’t be brought together, but will be dangled into the coming season setup(s)

This was a good season overall. I think Season 2 was just too dour and bleak and this one did a much better job at balancing the shock factor, drama, and giving the viewer something to root for without losing its edge. My only real nitpicks are that they waited too long to try and make A Train more than one dimensional and kneecapped whatever they were trying to accomplish there by having him sell out Supersonic. And after all that time spent with Noir… that was kind of a wet noodle of an ending to that arc.

Also watching the show’s equivalent of MAGAs cheer for Homelander slaughtering someone in public is… a lot right now.

It will always be hard to top the emotional climax and Nazi-maiming goodness of the season 2 finale, but even when not comparing to that this felt like a pretty underwhelming end to a season. Nobody is in a meaningfully different place than they were at the start of this season. It actually feels like we're setting back to the end of season 1 and getting ready for season 2. Starlight's moral crusade played no part in the outcome of anything. Nobody died except a C-list member of the seven.

The season overall as a package, though? Pretty great. I'm definitely looking forward to the next season.

32 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Also watching the show’s equivalent of MAGAs cheer for Homelander slaughtering someone in public is… a lot right now.

I'm actually curious to see what "I could shoot somebody in the middle of the street on fifth avenue and they'd still vote for me" Homelander is going to be like.

And also

9 hours ago, Brick said:

Fuck Todd. 

• Like 1

I love that this show is a complete & total condemnation of this country, how it deifies our "heroes" and overlooks their wrong doings with blind praise and mass consumerism. Granted, perhaps the book also did this (evidentially I haven't read it but would very much like an omnibus or something to that affect once the show is over), yet the way its portrayed in this medium is stellar! 

12 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

Yeah, it was creepy.   The kid is the next Brightburn. 

Have we seen the last of The Deep's wife?  What was that all about?  Did she just want status and attachment to the The Seven? 

Nothing about The Deep has ever been interesting, his usefulness to the narrative peaked in the pilot. Homelander had him drown the VP in a swimming pool like Deep can teleport from body of water to body of water or something, it makes absolutely no sense. 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Nothing about The Deep has ever been interesting, his usefulness to the narrative peaked in the pilot. Homelander had him drown the VP in a swimming pool like Deep can teleport from body of water to body of water or something, it makes absolutely no sense. 

Deep's purpose in the show is to be the punching bag for some of the most outlandish gags, and kudos to Chace Crawford for being willing to put up with whatever they write for him on the page. I'm all for that. He's to be laughed at. I don't think they're attempting any sort of redemption like they seem to be slowly with A-Train. He's purely to be shat on.

As for Singer's running mate, I don't get how it doesn't make sense. I'm sure he can sneak onto the property since it looked somewhat secluded, so he could avoid any guards, wait in the pool indefinitely, and then when Singer's running mate goes for his nightly swim, drown him, and sneak back out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brick said:

Deep's purpose in the show is to be the punching bag for some of the most outlandish gags, and kudos to Chace Crawford for being willing to put up with whatever they write for him on the page. I'm all for that. He's to be laughed at. I don't think they're attempting any sort of redemption like they seem to be slowly with A-Train. He's purely to be shat on.

As for Singer's running mate, I don't get how it doesn't make sense. I'm sure he can sneak onto the property since it looked somewhat secluded, so he could avoid any guards, wait in the pool indefinitely, and then when Singer's running mate goes for his nightly swim, drown him, and sneak back out.

Agreed - as I've said before in this thread, the Deep is there for the jokes, and as a meta commentary on entitled people/supes. He's not really a "character" with a traditional arc or anything. 

14 hours ago, Brick said:

The Deep is a note note punching bag; he fucks fish. It wasn't super funny to begin with and it's been been beaten into the ground over three seasons.

Him murdering the VP is silly because Homelander could do have done that himself without The Deep having to take Amtrak from NYC to DC. :p