WFT sends announcement announcing an announcement.

Slug

• Slug changed the title to WFT sends announcement announcing an announcement.
18 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Hoping for Hogs.

I'm hoping for not hogs, but I fear that's the way they're going to go in some capacity because of their allusion to team history.  The Hogs were a specific unit (O-Line), never a reference to the whole team.  It'd be like if they renamed the Vikings to the Purple People Eaters or the Dolphins to the Miami Killer B's.  Just feels wrong.

But if that's the way they go I'm still down.  The name ultimately doesn't matter a ton to me so long as it's not something tragically stupid.  I'll still be there on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Slug said:

I'm hoping for not hogs, but I fear that's the way they're going to go in some capacity because of their allusion to team history.  The Hogs were a specific unit (O-Line), never a reference to the whole team.  It'd be like if they renamed the Vikings to the Purple People Eaters or the Dolphins to the Miami Killer B's.  Just feels wrong.

But if that's the way they go I'm still down.  The name ultimately doesn't matter a ton to me so long as it's not something tragically stupid.  I'll still be there on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Hogs is a boomer name that no one else has any attachment to.

:shrug:

I just want to see people wearing those stupid pig noses again.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Slug said:

It's looking like Admirals. It's definitely going to be something military.

Apparently washingtonadmirals.com briefly redirected to washingtonfootball.com, before being changed to redirect to some charity.

Figures. Snyder is such a bastard that he will drape himself in the flag and bloody shirt to stave of criticism. 

27 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Figures. Snyder is such a bastard that he will drape himself in the flag and bloody shirt to stave of criticism. 

Which is funny as most fans I know are none too happy with this selection, if it pans out.