The Last Remnant Remastered releasing December 6 on PS4

Pikachu

Update:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://steamcommunity.com/games/23310/announcements/detail/1709566654679120493

Hi everyone,

We will soon be discontinuing digital and physical sales of The Last Remnant on PC. 

Sales will cease at the times below:-

Japan region: Wednesday 5th September, approximately 2:00 (JST)
NA region: Tuesday 4th September, approximately 10:00 (PDT)
EU region: Tuesday 4th September, approximately 17:00 (GMT)

Anyone already owning the game will still be able to play as per usual.

Thanks to everyone who’s adventured with the Mitras, Yamas, Qsitis and Sovanis!

If you like JRPGs, I highly recommend picking it up. I dunno if this is for a remaster (I hope it is!) but it's a great game. Reviews for the 360 slammed it because of its awful load times and unbelievably bad frame rate, both problems which are so hilariously fixed on PC that there are basically no load times and I was getting 300+ FPS several video cards ago. The combat is a lot of fun and has a ton of variety, and the challenge can go through the roof if you want it -- and it gets more rewarding the harder you decide to make it. The challenge is also natural, based on how many enemies you "pull" into a battle rather than an arbitrary difficulty slider.

Sadly, I don't think it got re-reviewed much after its Steam launch, so its reputation is permanently stained by that horrendous 360 version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder why they're remastering it. The game still looks fine, and runs at like 300+ FPS on shitty computers with basically zero load times.

I'm not gonna complain, I'll take any excuse to play it again, but I do hope this is to set us up for a sequel with improved combat.

But it's Square Enix, so they'll release a sequel with shitty basic combat that misses the point of why the first had it so good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THE LAST REMNANT captured the hearts and minds of gamers with its enthralling story, countless characters and intricate battle system. The remastered version with its beautiful graphics and enhanced game engine is available worldwide December 6th on PlayStation®4!

THE LAST REMNANT captured the hearts and minds of gamers with its enthralling story, countless characters and intricate battle system. Join Rush and his unlikely band of friends as they discover the Remnants and find a way to rescue his sister, Irina. It’s a timeless cult classic story available for the first time on PS4. Play now for $19.99 / €19.99 / £15.99  – also includes free PS4 theme!