Senator John McCain, great American, war hero, amazing human being, badass, dies at 81

It's sad how much hate there is for other people just because they have different political beliefs.   I wasn't his biggest fan by any stretch, but he's still a person and I don't celebrate people dying of brain cancer unless they're incredibly malicious (McCain does not qualify).

82 is a good long life and the man did a lot with those years. Hope he’s made comfortable in his final days. Also sad for his wife who I believe is in her late 60s. Can’t imagine living life when your spouse of nearly 40 years dies, and she’s got a lot of years left.

25 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

82 is a good long life and the man did a lot with those years. Hope he’s made comfortable in his final days. Also sad for his wife who I believe is in her late 60s. Can’t imagine living life when your spouse of nearly 40 years dies, and she’s got a lot of years left.

My grandfather died of lymphoma at 61. My Mamaw was the same age. He died less than 2 weeks before their 40th anniversary. She's now 82 and never remarried. She has a friend who visits her and they go out together once every week or so, so I'm glad she has that. But no one will ever live up to what my Papaw was. 

And it's pretty sick to accept that nurses can be shitty because we're overworked and underpaid. Most of us are decent people, despite that,and we don't treat our patients like shit, even under difficult circumstances. I won't say I've never gotten a little attitude with a difficult patient who is abusive, but I'd never take my anger out on patients because of things outside our control. Fuck off with that shit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Massdriver said:

It's sad how much hate there is for other people just because they have different political beliefs.   I wasn't his biggest fan by any stretch, but he's still a person and I don't celebrate people dying of brain cancer unless they're someone incredibly malicious (McCain does not qualify).

When they spend the last few decades being and supporting demagogues, it is hard to find compassion for them. 

The older I get, the more I hate Republicans. I hate some liberals and members of the Democratic party too. At this point Republicans (officials and the electorate) deserve the same level of spite as a member of the Nazi party. 

3 hours ago, Reputator said:

Is this just the thread where RedSoxFan shits all over a man dying of brain cancer?

@SFLUFAN does this sit well with you?

It has long worried me that the far left displays some of the rot that the GOP is in the advanced stages of. I think there are times when they should serve as a cautionary tale that the Democratic party should be careful not to devolve into the same kind of degenerate party the GOP has. 

And this thread seems like a good example. As I said before, I enjoy a tasteless joke myself. But when you're literally making the same jokes as the MAGAtard, lolwhatacuck, alt right scumweb dwellers, maybe it's time to examine what you're doing.

Just now, Jose said:

I believe in most things the far left fight for, but boy oh boy are they a bunch of dumb fucks.

I'm trying to figure out the want for universal health care and making sure everyone is covered from all disease and cancers with the callousness of not caring if someone is suffering from brain cancer and also wishing Chuck Schumer died and Ginsburg died during the Obama years (two other claims he's made).

That stuff can be humorous in the realm of dark comedy, but this isn't what he's going for, and I don't find anyone here, myself included, a living George Carlin-type figure.

22 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm trying to figure out the want for universal health care and making sure everyone is covered from all disease and cancers with the callousness of not caring if someone is suffering from brain cancer and also wishing Chuck Schumer died and Ginsburg died during the Obama years (two other claims he's made).

That stuff can be humorous in the realm of dark comedy, but this isn't what he's going for, and I don't find anyone here, myself included, a living George Carlin-type figure.

No offense but you are an incredibly stupid person

• Guillotine 2

2 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

No offense but you are an incredibly stupid person

Putting aside that that doesn't say much about you (I'm smarter than you), but you're just proving the point that you're overall cancerous to a bunch of people who are also smarter than you.

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Putting aside that that doesn't say much about you (I'm smarter than you), but you're just proving the point that you're overall cancerous to a bunch of people who are also smarter than you.

Im sorry I ruined the dignified war lord thread.  Don’t worry the media will be kissing his ass for the next month so you’ll be ok

• Guillotine 1

4 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Im sorry I ruined the dignified war lord thread.  Don’t worry the media will be kissing his ass for the next month so you’ll be ok

But I think he's overrated. It's just that your need to be edgy is, at best, cute and hypocritical. You also can't judge someone's intellect when your main contributions are one-liners and reddit/twitter re-posts.

You don't like being challenged because then you have to write more than a sentence as you just did.

I do like that the discussion is about “edginess” instead a bunch dweebs talking about the dignified statesman who likes to say gook and voted against MLK day

the objection to short posts is funny because nearly every forum post longer than 5 lines tends to be trash.  eg people regurgitating Nate silver’s latest article in an attempt to sound intelligent. 

I have no problem being challenged but that doesn’t mean I need to respond to dumb posts

• Guillotine 1

1 minute ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I do like that the discussion is about “edginess” instead a bunch dweebs talking about the dignified statesman who likes to say gook and voted against MLK day

the objection to short posts is funny because nearly every forum post longer than 5 lines tends to be trash.  eg people regurgitating Nate silver’s latest article in an attempt to sound intelligent. 

I have no problem being challenged but that doesn’t mean I need to respond to dumb posts

This post is trash, so maybe you have a point.