Senator John McCain, great American, war hero, amazing human being, badass, dies at 81

When Trump starts starts telling everyone him and McCain were best buddies because John came to him, apologized, and told he was the best(believe me, believe me) I hope McCain left a posthumous message to release to tell everyone how full of shit Trump is.

We already see it kind of happening with that half decent Tweet.

6 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

When Trump starts starts telling everyone him and McCain were best buddies because John came to him, apologized, and told he was the best(believe me, believe me) I hope McCain left a posthumous message to release to tell everyone how full of shit Trump is.

"I like people that don't die of brain cancer."

Just now, osxmatt said:

Has there been any analysis of his voting over the years to see if that’s more perception or reality?

I've never seen analysis that really backs it up, no. He certainly wasn't during this presidency (538 gives him an 83% voting record with Trump). You could argue that's the 5th worse for the Republican, but plenty of moderate Democrats have 40% percentages.

2 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Well he planned his own funeral service and asked George W. Bush and Obama to do his eulogy but has banned Trump from even attending his services. I say that is a pretty big Fuck You to Trump 

5 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

So what happens to his Senate seat? Does it just remain empty until January?

Unfortunately Arizona state law is the Governor picks the person who will fill the seat, and it has to be of the same party. It’s too late for a special election so an actual election to fill his seat will be in 2020.

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

Unfortunately Arizona state law is the Governor picks the person who will fill the seat, and it has to be of the same party. It’s too late for a special election so an actual election to fill his seat will be in 2020.

It should be whoever Trump hates the most.  

4 hours ago, stepee said:

McCain could have stepped down several months ago which would have resulted in a special election to fill the seat until 2020.

But being the true egotist that he was until the very end, he didn't.