I don't know where to move

Fizzzzle

So, I've been trying to move out of Portland for like 5 years. Something always comes up that keeps it from happening. I get into a relationship, or some bullshit happens with my job or my money, or whatever.

I have to be out of my house by the end of January. I have the money to move. It's kind of a shit or get off the pot moment.

I want to move somewhere that is warmer than Portland, which pretty much rules out the entire east coast. I don't want to buy a car, so that rules out most of southern California/ Phoenix (I do know people who have lived in LA without a car, but it's not easy)

So.. what's left? Austin? New Orleans? Charleston?

2 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Uhhh there’s a good chunk of the east coast that is warmer than Portland lol. Probably anything from Virginia to Florida. 

probably not the most non-car friendly places though 

Virginia Beach and Portland basically have the same weather, only Portland isn't humid. Not that I mind humid anymore, I actually prefer it.

Virginia Beach is basically slightly colder in the winter and warmer in the summer, but other than that it's basically east coast Portland as far as weather goes.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

See no evil, smell no evil.

I've had so many conversations with people who are like "I have perfect 20/20 vision" and I'm like you stare at a screen all day how do you know? "I can see everything" how do you know? They look at me confused and in at least 3 instances I see them wearing glasses ~3 months later.

20 minutes ago, Biggie said:

You'd fit in fine in the Little Five Points area here

Yeah I was going to suggest Atlanta, especially if he can stay close to transit. 

DC is a decent option but very expensive

Not many options to be car free or car lite in the south east. I know a few people who do it here in Richmond but that's really limiting yourself in an already small metro

Savannah is somewhere I forgot about. That might be interesting. I've never even heard of Asheville. I don't think it meets the weather target, though. Asheville looks about the same as Virginia Beach - slightly colder than Portland in the winter, but slightly hotter in the summer. Not significantly different, though. Same with Raleigh.

34 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Pennsylvania is beautiful. Has all four seasons with amazing areas to live. The winter is pretty cold though so your candy ass won't be able to handle it. 

PA doesn't get any severe weather and is just perfect for living. 

How will the locals react to his body funk and painted fingernails?  He can live in Little Five Points and he will be considered the normal  person lol. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Virginia Beach is a garbage shithole of a place - avoid at all costs.

There are people who have arrived in Virginia Beach from the worst parts of the developing world, looked around, and said aloud, "Holy shit!  I'm so glad I don't actually live in this fucking dumpster fire of a town!"

• Shocked 1

Just now, Rachel said:

I live near Savannah it’s nice but gets hot af. So does North Carolina. Anything North Carolina and southward is gotta be way hotter than Portland in both summer and winter. Especially closer to the coast. Both Raleigh and Savannah and everywhere in between near the coast are a 95 degrees humid hot hellscape every day in the summer. Winters range from like 50-75 during the day on average in this region. I think transit sucks for most cities in the southeast near the coast though. 

I want that heat. Ever since I started fucking off to places like southeast asia during the winter, I want hot and humid weather. I want the air to be damn near drinkable. The heat doesn't bother me nearly as much as the cold.

Benefit to @Biggie I do a full shower a lot more when it's hot, cause, y'know... sweat.