Alan Wake II (PS5/Xbox Series/EGS) - update: upcoming patch (03/06) drastically improves GTX 10-series performance

Commissar SFLUFAN

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Alan Wake II (Remedy's first "survival horror" title, PS5/Xbox Series/EGS, 2023) - Announcement Trailer
1 hour ago, Dre801 said:

Wonder if the chick from Control will be in it somehow?

Based on where they took Alan Wake in the AWE DLC, I really think they'll tie all this together as well. At the very least, I think The Bureau and some of the objects of power will make an appearance. I actually really hope Remedy goes all in on this, I really liked the way they hinted at this interconnected lore in Control. 

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Remaster American Nightmare you cowards.

I've always been curious as to the canonicity of American Nightmare, them choosing to ignore remastering it but choosing to remaster the two DLC expansions to the original Alan Wake is an interesting choice.

Definitely excited for this given the cliffhanger the Alan Wake DLC's ended on. I really enjoyed Control and the AWE DLC was very tantalizing, so bring on Alan Wake 2.

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

I've always been curious as to the canonicity of American Nightmare, them choosing to ignore remastering it but choosing to remaster the two DLC expansions to the original Alan Wake is an interesting choice.

Definitely excited for this given the cliffhanger the Alan Wake DLC's ended on. I really enjoyed Control and the AWE DLC was very tantalizing, so bring on Alan Wake 2.

Man I keep forgetting I beat Control and have the AWE dlc ready to play, gotta get on that. Maybe that would be a good quickie between Ghostwire and Valhalla.

• Like 2

Just now, stepee said:

Man I keep forgetting I beat Control and have the AWE dlc ready to play, gotta get on that. Maybe that would be a good quickie between Ghostwire and Valhalla.

If you're a fan of Alan Wake, I'd definitely play it asap. There are actually two story DLC's for Control, Foundation and AWE, I'd play both if you haven't, they definitely add to the story. Since we're getting both an Alan Wake II and later a Control II I'd recommend it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I broke on FF7 and Kingdom Hearts. I am gonna hold out for a steam release but if we get nothing by Dec I'm pick them up on sale.

Every EGS game I've bought has ran like shit, because why shouldn't it? No user reviews, no forums to complain in. It's the perfect place for shitty ports to never fix!

10 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Every EGS game I've bought has ran like shit, because why shouldn't it? No user reviews, no forums to complain in. It's the perfect place for shitty ports to never fix!

But I remember you agreeing how well KH3 ran on pc and it has a 0 lod option!

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

But I remember you agreeing how well KH3 ran on pc and it has a 0 lod option!

Oh right I forgot about KH3, I was thinking of Square's other recent offerings, which all run like ass!

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

how did they pay for your copy idgi

They paid for exclusivity! Also it's about one game a few years back where the developers were like "we don't care Epic already paid us so it doesn't matter how it sells lol"

12 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

FF7 stutters a bit but it's 60 otherwise. Looks amazing on my OLED. Haven't tried Kingdom Hearts.

@stepee Xbob's thinking is it's an epic exclusive so by virtue of them in this case paying for development and probably offering terms to help mitigate the sales diaster this will be on the PC.

I'm preaching to the choir but after the bit I have played of FF7R it's a damn shame it is an epic exclusive. Epic exclusivity is basically a death sentence for game. 

I am gonna break on Evil Dead. Combo of cross play, finding a GMG deal, and wanting to support the game.

I might've given in to Evil Dead until I saw it was a multiplayer game. Thought it was gonna be this big story-driven comedy horror but it just kind of seemed like Dead by Daylight or L4D or something and all my interest drained immediately.

Ah ok I got it, I don’t care what anyone does like that I just couldn’t put together the logic but i c now.

FF7R was a stuttering mess at launch in DX12 but it ran fantastic 120fps 4k (or did I set it to 1800p to hit 120? I forget but either way) in DX11, only problem there was it broke hdr so then you needed to use Special K to inject hdr which is all a bit cumbersome. Fantastic experience once all set up though. 

I hear now the stuttering is fixed in DX12 for nvidia with a driver release that came out after I beat it. If that’s the case then it’s probably solid now unless amd didn’t get a fix also.

To be fair it’s performance has nothing to do with Epic but is part of the larger shader compilation problems on pc at this moment, also seen and to a worse degree on Steam games like Elden Ring.

31 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I might've given in to Evil Dead until I saw it was a multiplayer game. Thought it was gonna be this big story-driven comedy horror but it just kind of seemed like Dead by Daylight or L4D or something and all my interest drained immediately.

Comments like this make me sad and lonely. It's hard being one of the few 1337 gamers at D1P.

42 minutes ago, stepee said:

To be fair it’s performance has nothing to do with Epic but is part of the larger shader compilation problems on pc at this moment, also seen and to a worse degree on Steam games like Elden Ring.

My problem isn't just that the games perform poorly, it's that there's no recourse for players to even communicate to the devs that it runs poorly, no way to warn other buyers on the actual platform. On Steam if a game runs like shit, you will 100% know it runs like shit just by visiting the store page, which to me is a huge consumer win. That kind of public negative backlash provides immense and immediate incentive to get shit fixed.

That doesn't mean it will get fixed, but it's a lot better than Epic giving consumers no info and the store page just being an unchallenged advertisement. Even Amazon and to some degree console stores have user ratings. I think they're incredibly important and acting like they're some bad thing because of "review bombs" (i.e. pissing off consumers enough to "review bomb" your product) like a lot of companies such as Epic do is fucking shitty.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

My problem isn't just that the games perform poorly, it's that there's no recourse for players to even communicate to the devs that it runs poorly, no way to warn other buyers on the actual platform. On Steam if a game runs like shit, you will 100% know it runs like shit just by visiting the store page, which to me is a huge consumer win. That kind of public negative backlash provides immense and immediate incentive to get shit fixed.

#ItsJustALauncher

On 5/12/2022 at 3:59 PM, Zaku3 said:

Comments like this make me sad and lonely. It's hard being one of the few 1337 gamers at D1P.

lol, forced open mic. Any developer that does this with a PC game at this point is just instantly blacklisted from my potential buy list. That sort of high level incompetence/lack of forethought is more damning than any user review could ever be. This shit was unacceptable in (insert literally any year here) and only grows less acceptable with each passing day.

16 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

lol, forced open mic. Any developer that does this with a PC game at this point is just instantly blacklisted from my potential buy list. That sort of high level incompetence/lack of forethought is more damning than any user review could ever be. This shit was unacceptable in (insert literally any year here) and only grows less acceptable with each passing day.

Evil Dead has forced open mic??? I've been playing all weekend and haven't heard a peep from anyone :p

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Evil Dead has forced open mic??? I've been playing all weekend and haven't heard a peep from anyone :p

I imagine once people notice it's forced open they immediately mute their mic, which is a nice change of pace from some Russian guy in a 22 minute long argument with what you assume is his girlfriend before it starts to sound uncomfortably close to domestic abuse right as the match ends.

Forced open mics have made me hear some shit, man.

• Shocked 2