Update: Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay reveal footage (48 minutes)

Brian

6 hours ago, legend said:

So you think the "swing melee" in Fallout is legit

I mean, it is the same melee combat that is in ES so, kinda? And the arm blades are a power up or an ult, not something that can be used normally all the time. That is why it doesn't count.

diplomatic conversation options throughout the game?

not combat

So sliding behind the "boss" at the end to take out its shield mechanic close range with a shotgun didn't seem effective?

It sure was on this difficulty on this boss with no other enemies around. 

unreasonably reductive to Cyberpunk

yes

exceedingly charitable to anything else?

no

Once again, I hate the slow mo shit. It was way over used to the point of it seeming like a necessity. Of course I could not play that way, but it it is there I will abuse the fuck out of it. The auto aim smg is lame, but I do like the ricochet bullets. And I am not saying Fallout is better for having a viable melee option that can used throughout the whole game, just that CP2077's melee isn't a melee option, it is just an ability with limited use. 

12 hours ago, Bacon said:

Titanfall sucks fat cock. You can call me a bitch all you want but dying isn't fun at all. I mean, enemies are fucking sponges and you are wet toilet paper. You can only do the fun shit on hard when the game is properly balanced. TW3 was not. Death March was dogshit. It wasn't impossible, but it was overly fucking tedious. Sure, on normal you can do the cool shit just fine as you don't die in one fucking hit. 

I found Death March in The Witcher 3 easy as fuck :shrug:

• Guillotine 1

25 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I mean, it is the same melee combat that is in ES so, kinda? And the arm blades are a power up or an ult, not something that can be used normally all the time. That is why it doesn't count.

The melee combat in Fallout is garbage in terms of being interesting in its own right. It's click and you swing. If that's your standard for good, then you should have absolutely zero concerns about Cyberpunk's combat options. And if you don't think it's good, I'm not sure why you're bringing it up as a counter point?

On what are you basing the idea that the arm blades are a "power up or an ult?" Nothing they said indicated that and there was no time component or "draining" shown.

And beyond that we also saw silent take downs being melee options.

not combat

I was responding to you saying that in fallout you can easily not use guns. But okay, lets talk about combat but not guns. You also clipped out the part where I mentioned remote hacking and bots, being other options.

It sure was on this difficulty on this boss with no other enemies around. 

You think being able to quickly slide behind someone and then move again won't be useful in many scenarios? 

yes

:lol: 

Once again, I hate the slow mo shit. It was way over used to the point of it seeming like a necessity. Of course I could not play that way, but it it is there I will abuse the fuck out of it. The auto aim smg is lame, but I do like the ricochet bullets. And I am not saying Fallout is better for having a viable melee option that can used throughout the whole game, just that CP2077's melee isn't a melee option, it is just an ability with limited use. 

Okay, you can say you hate slow mo mechanisms. It's really weird for you to then say you'll use it anyway, but setting that aside, you can say "I don't personally like x" and that's fine. We all have things we do and don't subjectively like. But you're going beyond that and making up reasons to criticize the game that don't add up.

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Bulletstorm

Played it and Liked it

9 minutes ago, legend said:

It's really weird for you to then say you'll use it anyway

I hated it in BOTW and I used it there too. 

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I found Death March in The Witcher 3 easy as fuck

Suck dicks. It wasn't impossible, and got easier as you progressed. It did not stop it from being tedious and unbalanced. 

13 minutes ago, legend said:

he melee combat in Fallout is garbage in terms of being interesting in its own right. It's click and you swing. If that's your standard for good,

Never said it was good, but a completely viable way to go thru the entire game only using melee, which the arm blades are not. They are an ability.

17 minutes ago, legend said:

. But you're going beyond that and making up reasons to criticize the game that don't add up.

If it makes the game easier than I have to use it. It was used so often in the video that it practically seemed like you have to use it. 

20 minutes ago, legend said:

On what are you basing the idea that the arm blades are a "power up or an ult?" Nothing they said indicated that and there was no time component or "draining" shown.

Didn't see this until now. It was the "Time to show off our new high level ability"  that makes me think it has a limited use. You are right in that there wasn't a resource being consumed when using the arm blades. I suppose I could be wrong, but I doubt that I am. It also appeared that the slow mo stuff also had unlimited uses. Guess I know what I'll be abusing. 

34 minutes ago, legend said:

You also clipped out the part where I mentioned remote hacking and bots, being other options.

I saw the hacking, but I didn't see any bots being used unless I missed it. I saw the spider bot being used by the psycho looking guy, but that was it. 

37 minutes ago, legend said:

I was responding to you saying that in fallout you can easily not use guns.

Oh. I didn't mean "not using guns" because you could talk it out. Honestly I hate how much Fallout is being brought(even if it is my fault) up cuz I am not praising fallout for having these options, and I am not saying it is bad that CP2077 doesn't have a melee option. As I said, I suppose I could be wrong. But yeah, both fallout and CP2077 have diplomatic conversation options, which is good and a way both games are similar. Just like fallout, I doubt I'll use them tho. I mean, I ain't gonna miss out on that EXP. Well, if you don't get EXP from killing baddies then I won't mind not killing. Wait, is there even exp?

49 minutes ago, legend said:

:lol: 

I even know why I am being unfair. Because this isn't what I wanted. A FPRPG is fine, but never ever, have I wanted a FPS + RPG. Like, I know fallout is, but it is so different than an normal FPS. The fact that this game is an FPS does not make me happy. I mean, I would have never played ME if it was first person. I do not want to play a RPG in first person. The Bethesda game are like the sole exception, and a lot of that has to do with your character basically being a floating hand with a gun of sword and not really having any character.

I am totally being overly harsh and I am still getting the game. 

33 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I saw the hacking, but I didn't see any bots being used unless I missed it. I saw the spider bot being used by the psycho looking guy, but that was it. 

They talk about how once you get the bot you can use it. They didn't show it much though.

Oh. I didn't mean "not using guns" because you could talk it out. Honestly I hate how much Fallout is being brought(even if it is my fault) up cuz I am not praising fallout for having these options, and I am not saying it is bad that CP2077 doesn't have a melee option. As I said, I suppose I could be wrong. But yeah, both fallout and CP2077 have diplomatic conversation options, which is good and a way both games are similar. Just like fallout, I doubt I'll use them tho. I mean, I ain't gonna miss out on that EXP. Well, if you don't get EXP from killing baddies then I won't mind not killing. Wait, is there even exp?

I even know why I am being unfair. Because this isn't what I wanted. A FPRPG is fine, but never ever, have I wanted a FPS + RPG. Like, I know fallout is, but it is so different than an normal FPS. The fact that this game is an FPS does not make me happy. I mean, I would have never played ME if it was first person. I do not want to play a RPG in first person. The Bethesda game are like the sole exception, and a lot of that has to do with your character basically being a floating hand with a gun of sword and not really having any character.

I am totally being overly harsh and I am still getting the game. 

It would be deeply surprising to me if there were not a number of melee options even beyond the cyber blades. Melee is quite common in the cyberpunk genre (both the actual game this is based on and other cyberpunk genre games and stories.)

I would be so surprised I even decided to look it up, and sure enough, there will be a lot of melee support as confirmed below.

https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-combat-weapons-details/

This much was revealed during a recent interview held between GameSpot and CD Projekt Red’s associate design director Kyle Rowley, with the latter stating that Cyberpunk 2077 will feature both ranged and melee combat, and their mechanics are rooted in lessons learned from The Witcher 3. As explained by Rowley, “We learned quite a lot from the combat in Witcher 3, and we’re translating that to the lessons we learned in the gameplay about how to do melee and try to transfer that to Cyberpunk,” with the shift from first-person to third-person seemingly not getting in the way of the translation.

I agree that slow-mo is overused, but it can also be pretty "necessary" in a way in games with more grounded settings because most people playing these games use a controller, which is like driving your car by taping your dick to your steering wheel and trying to break dance in your seat. It's just too clunky for it to be fast-paced while not being an arcade game. A lot like the "target everything in slow-mo, release and it kills everyone" feature. It can be done without it, like Doom, but that's an entirely different style and feeling of game.

That said, it was clearly a power-up that you could choose to not use. And if you're playing with mouse and keyboard, it'd probably just be annoying most of the time anyway unless you're completely overwhelmed. You're basically using an inhaler, so it's not like Max Payne where you're spending every firefight in a slow-mo dive.

Also, the idea that this is an FPS is weird. It's obvious they plan to have options available in every situation that aren't just shooting things. Half the video was them outright avoiding combat. I agree that the shooting wasn't on par with the greatest FPS titles in the world, but it was a thousand leagues above other first-person RPGs with shooting mechanics. I hope the shooting is further improved and we gets lots more abilities and badass, unique weapons. But the combat isn't really why I'm interested in this game to begin with, ya dig?

20 hours ago, Bacon said:

If this game was third person it would be far better.

If this game had a third-person option (which I predict it might by launch) that'd be nice and options are always, but I don't think it'd be better. Especially if the world is designed in first-person. You already get to see your character in cutscenes, so I'm not worried about that, seeing yourself while walking around could be cool. But third-person shooters are some of my least favorite games with very few exceptions. The reticle ALWAYS gets weird when you get up close on anything and having a big ass character take up 1/3rd of the screen for no reason is just bad. I already get annoyed at gun models that are necessarily large. There are situations where it's useful, like if you're behind cover, but generally it doesn't really offer you enough peripheral vision to make up for the lack of direct vision because of the giant blob blocking your view.

3 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

If this game had a third-person option (which I predict it might by launch) that'd be nice and options are always, but I don't think it'd be better. Especially if the world is designed in first-person.

Well, yeah, but me wanting it third person means I want the game to also be designed for third person, like ME or GTA. Both games in which you are in the third person and shoot guns. 

• 1 month later...